• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Desktop appraisals officially rolling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, take advantage of our Mueller@Home service for Floor Plans anywhere in the 50 states that can be completed by either a Mueller Inspector or we can assist the homeowner to provide a Floor Plan using the CubiCasa sketch program over the phone. Don't wait, contact Mueller today so you are ready for spring/summer 2022."

And there you have it special interest galore. Let me guess this was sent out by.

1642719279227.png

picked this up off CNN;
Among the most noteworthy examples of these practices cited by James is the treatment by Trump's financial documents of his penthouse in Manhattan. The apartment is large -- almost 11,000 square feet -- but, according to the state's filing, Trump documents indicated it was 30,000 square feet and thus worth a whopping $327 million. When questioned, former Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg said the figure was an overstatement, "give or take" $200 million.

Higher valuations permit a borrower to seek more funds from lenders and at better terms. But, in Trump's case, exaggeration is seemingly a pattern of practice: Nearly tripling the size of his home with mere words is also consistent with his way of insisting the world conform to his preferences.

So the question is; apparently it doesn't matter who measures and I definitely know it Wasn't done to ANSI Standards.....lol

I especially like the "give or take" $200 million comment from the financial guy:rolf:
He also claimed Trump Tower was 68 stories ( it is 58 stories )

F the market. Give me some homes in Minnesota and watch me work some magic.:rof:

So you don't need to know the market?

I guess the GSE's are not concerned about it. :shrug: Desktop appraiser could probably fill up some office space with unlicensed people to do them.

The loan must be a purchase, 90% LTV or lower

Wow, that is scary. 80% would be more reasonable.

Multiple offers are the norm in my market, with borrower over bidding just to get the property. You would think when the market is in bubble status or at the high-end, one would implement standards to protect their investments.

I guess they forgot about the 2008 market crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back