• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Disclosing Info To Fellow Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Appraiser: " is a standard field on every MLS listing sheet I've seen from California to Texas. Who was the appraiser...? Tim Burr from Woodland Cutter Appraisals. The MLS doesn't indicate a value it came in at, only what it listed and sold for. Same as saying; "Who was the agent..? Ima Cheatem from Flim Flam Brokers R'Us.

I have never seen an appraiser field on an MLS sheet here and I am a member of 2 MLS systems and am aware of 5-6 other MLS systems in the area that do not include an appraiser field.

I have a friend who appraises in CA and she never mentioned this to me, we talk weekly I will ask her but she would have discussed it at some point over the years.

Something about this strikes me as just plain wrong. Are RE agents putting the home inspectors name on MLS report? The loan officer'r name on? Shouldn't' an appraiser be asked for permission for their name to be used?

I have a friend who appraises in CA and she never mentioned this to me, we talk weekly I will ask her but she would have discussed it at some point over the years.

Something about this strikes me as just plain wrong. Are RE agents putting the home inspectors name on MLS report? The loan officer'r name on? Shouldn't' an appraiser be asked for permission for their name to be used?

Why would we care? It's free advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back