• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Disto D5 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Any cures for a 255 error?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Any cures for a 255 error?

E255 - Receiver signal too low, measuring time too long, distance too long, measuring time > 10 sec.

Use target plate.

http://lasers.leica-geosystems.com/blog/FAQ-error-messages

Switch on/off the device several times.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Tried all the suggested cures, without success. Knew there was a reason I purchased a backup Disto last year.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Fresh batteries.

sunster

Professional Status
State
California
I still use the old classic Disto brick and I occasionally get the 255 error. It seems to happen when I shoot the beam at a bright target (like a white fence) while it is in the direct sunlight. In contrast, it also happens when the target is too dark (like shooting at a black wrought iron fence). Whenever the error occurs, my solution has always been to shoot at a more neutral colored target.

bart nathan

Professional Status
State
California
Ditto

I still use the old classic Disto brick and I occasionally get the 255 error. It seems to happen when I shoot the beam at a bright target (like a white fence) while it is in the direct sunlight. In contrast, it also happens when the target is too dark (like shooting at a black wrought iron fence). Whenever the error occurs, my solution has always been to shoot at a more neutral colored target.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
thats weird i get the 255 error on my rather new e7500 if i accidentally hit the laser measure button too many times in a row without getting a result. i wait a sec and retry and it works.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I usually see that error when sunlight is shining into the receiving lens. Clean the lens or try shadowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks