• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does the Government have Appraisers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOT uses fee appraisers for complex assignments (ie commercial total takes, dispositions, etc), sticky situations where court is guaranteed to be in the future, or assignments that the staff appraisers are too busy to take.

The catch is you have to get on the 'list' and typically have to be a general with a designation. I've seen designated CR's on the list, ready for those 'headed to court' residential takes.
They are not fake appraisers. I used to share an office with one who was on the list.

in the most recent working r.e. magizine the following article.

Interview with Jessica Stokesberry: The Do’s and Don’ts of Government Appraisals​

1707315029571.png

Good interview. Doing work for FSA isn't too much different than any other ag work you may have done. We have an SOW (statement of work) that all of our vendors agree to. It narrows the focus beyond USPAP compliance.

If you do have experience doing ag appraisals, and would like more information on doing work for FSA, feel free to drop me an email. I can get you the right contacts in your area. Keep in mind, some areas of the country have more activity than others.
scott.anderson3@usda.gov

Our local tax assessor probably makes a ton of money and all the fringe benefits. If they are certified appraiser, it could not hurt.
Yes! Better than private sector hands down. Don't need to be a certified appraiser but experience helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back