• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Evaluations & USPAP - Question from a bank staff appraiser

No, he is alive. Also, you probably don't want ME on a witness stand against you. Ask Ikea, lol. I took Terry's NAIFA classes for condemnation work years ago. I promise I have been an expert witness in many different scenarios. I did it daily for years. I've done commercial narratives for YOU when you were at a bank, commercial work. Might have had some MAN's name on it to get the business but I DID THE WORK and I cosigned on most all of them as INSPECTED as well.
We are on same page. Terry was pretty much exempt from AMC work. He didn't do it. Mike was forced too because he had so many trainees. I am glad Terry is okay. He lives close to you I think. Is it Columbia, TN? He was auctioneer too.

I have been to his office years and years ago. Took many classes from Mike and Terry.

Mike was trying to take care of his employees too that were certified on taking AMC work. Mike did not like AMC work and fought hard for separation of fees and appraisers being paid for their data.

Last edited:
I am a certified general appraiser who is employed as a full time employee by a mid-sized bank. I currently order, manage and review all commercial appraisals.

The bank would like to expand the scope of my responsibilities and have me start handling some evaluations for loans that meet the criteria.

Do evaluations completed by an appraiser, who is an employee of a bank need to conform to USPAP?

Are there any bank staff appraisers the perform evaluation duties? How do you deal with USPAP?
Have we helped you any at all?

I am okay. Lots of great posts/perspectives from people here.

I have spent a considerable amount of time researching evaluations and talked to some others in this specific situation. I don't have a definitive answer on matter in Wisconsin.

Someone sent me this chart. I have no idea if the information is valid.

I thought is was interesting that nine states answered no to: "Does the state have jurisdiction over appraisers when providing evaluations".

View attachment 92274View attachment 92276
I am quoting you again.

"I don't have a definitive answer on matter in Wisconsin."

That is where you need your answer. :):)

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back