• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Failed the appraiser exam :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I failed the General License exam and had to retake it .... it hurts ..... pass/fail rate was like 25% passed .... many old timers back in the early 90's were taking it 5 or 6 times .....

its OK, builds character ...... go back and keep trying until you do pass ..

Test theory vs. practice

David R. Stevenson said:
I failed the General License exam and had to retake it .... it hurts ..... pass/fail rate was like 25% passed .... many old timers back in the early 90's were taking it 5 or 6 times .....

its OK, builds character ...... go back and keep trying until you do pass ..

This goes back to the theory vs. practice issue. The tests are all about textbook theory, which may or may not apply to what is happening in your particular market. That's why you get guys who are brilliant appraisers, flunking some of the tests. That's also why you get smart trainees who pass the AI courses with flying colors yet don't know how to apply what they've learned on a day-to-day basis.

Denis DeSaix said:
Richard-

If your post was meant in jest, you might want to add a tag that says so.

If your post was meant in earnest, I couldn't disagree with you more.

I knew there was a reason I liked you, Denis

Denis DeSaix said:
Richard-

If your post was meant in jest, you might want to add a tag that says so.

If your post was meant in earnest, I couldn't disagree with you more.

Have we degenerated to the point where I am required to put a f****** smiley face on a post so you can discern my tone.

How about using a little common sense...Is that too much to ask.

I will try and remember that most of you "forum dwellers" are automatons.

Hey Denis, this "TAG" is for you!!!

Mike Richard said:
Have we degenerated to the point where I am required to put a f****** smiley face on a post so you can discern my tone.

Thanks, Mike-

Since you post so often, I'm somewhat embarrassed that I didn't recognize this was just an example of your well-known wit!

Mike Richard said:

Well, I can see that we've had a good reading of http://appraisersforum.com/rules.htm and that someone here is real professional. I also see that someone is so arrogant that there is no need to post a location or professional level! Good grief! I sure would like you to appraise my house. NOT!

Mike Richard said:

Degenerated? Between your first and third post? Quite a time span.

CareerWebSchool!

I am in Alabama and took the CareerWebSchool course. It was excellent!

After finishing the 75hr course I passed the proctored exams first pass. Then due to being very busy with my job and family I waited four and a half months before taking the state exam. I was very nervous and during those four months I only went back over the material the last few days before the exam. I went through the batteries of questions and went back and reviewed the material for the ones I missed. When I took the state exam I still passed with an 86%. I expect I would have gotten a 92% or better had I taken the test a few months sooner.

The online course forces you to repeat the material before you move on to the next lesson. I was very surprised with how well their course helped me with retention.

I did horrible in high school and college. Mostly because I was easily distracted by any hotties in the class. :)

No distractions with the online course. You control your study environment.

Good Luck,
-Craig

Craig Mettenbrink said:
I did horrible in high school and college. Mostly because I was easily distracted by any hotties in the class. :)

No distractions with the online course. You control your study environment.

Good Luck,
-Craig

Craig, if you have since started to take in-person appraisal classes, you have noted no doubt that there are in fact few distractions.
(Congratulations, by the way:) )

Mike Richard said:

May I just apologize to Denis, on behalf of this person. This is totally uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back