• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fannie Mae Aqm List

Status
Not open for further replies.
A majority of the appraisers are doing FNMA reports for residential, easily 95% of the reports. Private sector assignments on non FNMA reports is not the main bread and butter for them and they can't just drop them.
The use of a Fannie Mae form does not mean that the loan is going to Fannie (or Freddie). Examples 1 and 2: FHA and VA :)
 
Never said it did...but FNMA guidelines are the rule. Result is the same for the appraiser.
 
That all might be relevant if there were any AMCs with the market share that MD and BK enjoy, but such AMCs do not exist. I have repeatedly asked you to list those limited buyers that are controlling the market ( a requirement for the alleged oligopsony), but you cannot do that.

I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall

I can say it over and over - but that's not going to make it true :)

My answer will be the same. Market power on price is what counts to prove an oligopsony and that can be proved on non AMC vs AMC easily on market after market after market.
 
That all might be relevant if there were any AMCs with the market share that MD and BK enjoy, but such AMCs do not exist. I have repeatedly asked you to list those limited buyers that are controlling the market ( a requirement for the alleged oligopsony), but you cannot do that.

I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall

I can say it over and over - but that's not going to make it true :)

My answer will be the same. Market power on price is what counts to prove an oligopsony and that can be proved on non AMC vs AMC easily on market after market after market historically. Note I mentioned historically.

Mickey d and BK don't control near the whole beef market, but they have enough with a few others to have market power on price. That is where antitrust law violations come in. And destroys efficiency in the market between supply/demand and price.
 
That all might be relevant if there were any AMCs with the market share that MD and BK enjoy, but such AMCs do not exist. I have repeatedly asked you to list those limited buyers that are controlling the market ( a requirement for the alleged oligopsony), but you cannot do that.

I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall
I am 6'5" tall

I can say it over and over - but that's not going to make it true :)

You really should take several economics and marketing courses. Invite a few cattle farmers to go with you. They could tutor you. The cattle farmer's associations were tight as Dicks hat band. They could tell you how an oligopsony works.

The fast food Giants would tell you if you got a personal interview with one or two.
 
My answer will be the same. Market power on price is what counts to prove an oligopsony and that can be proved on non AMC vs AMC easily on market after market after market.

So you finally admit that you are misusing the term? Market power is a characteristic of an oligopsony, but not a defining element. For an oligopsony to exist there MUST, by definition, be a small number of buyers. And that is simply not the case for appraisal services. Perhaps you should have paid closer attention in those econ classes you were interrogating me about last week :)
 
You really should take several economics and marketing courses. Invite a few cattle farmers to go with you. They could tutor you.
I will do that, as soon as you buy a dictionary :)

Oligopsony
An oligopsony is a market form in which the number of buyers is small while the number of sellers in theory could be large. This typically happens in a market for inputs where numerous suppliers are competing to sell their product to a small number of (often large and powerful) buyers. It contrasts with an oligopoly, where there are many buyers but few sellers.
 
I will do that, as soon as you buy a dictionary :)

Oligopsony
An oligopsony is a market form in which the number of buyers is small while the number of sellers in theory could be large. This typically happens in a market for inputs where numerous suppliers are competing to sell their product to a small number of (often large and powerful) buyers. It contrasts with an oligopoly, where there are many buyers but few sellers.

Have you ever heard of market segmentation? For example, how much of the single family residential mortgage market is controlled by AMC's vs non AMC's? Do they have market power on price in that market segment?

You are really missing the market power of state government. You'll get it soon.
 
Danny, call Louisiansa and tell them your C&R. Get back to me. Call Virginia and get back to me.

They are going to start taxing AMC's on their cut. I have no doubt.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top