• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Federal Reserve Bank Of Philadelphia - Appraising Home Purchase Appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denis, I know you feared conflict. You posted that fear years ago. You can recollect it. It's here.

I don't recollect the fear you are talking about? But if you've researched my posts, you can tell me where it is and I'll be happy to revisit it. 12 years of posts; for all I know you might be correct.

Like i said have fun in NE ohio. The so called "cookie cutters" are gone. i know

maybe your clients hate you. there are lots of cookie cutter developments and associations in NE Ohio. i finished one review today and started a second, both in the same development with well over 500 houses and lots more on the way...

Timd, the Feds won't dig you up after you are buried like they did the banks.

I don't recollect the fear you are talking about? But if you've researched my posts, you can tell me where it is and I'll be happy to revisit it. 12 years of posts; for all I know you might be correct.

It's been years ago Denis. You were concern about conflict between AMCs and independents. It's your nature. La is taking your concerns to antitrust law.

The Equifax data base was just hacked, 43 million consumers possibly affected. The IRS has been hacked ( I was victim of identity theft from IRS involving a tax refund ). So what would stop hackers (or a crooked insider) from hacking an AVM Corelogic system, or Fannie or Freddie data for manipulation/loan fraud based on property values?

Imo that is one risk of eliminating the appraiser and relying on AVM's /proprietary computer based models.

Are you licensed to do reviews in Ohio? Tres and the avms have something in common , no geographical knowledge.

It's been years ago Denis. You were concern about conflict between AMCs and independents. It's your nature. La is taking your concerns to antitrust law.

Well, I'll take your word for it that I expressed a concern about the independence of appraisers with clients/employers in the past; that is something I'd do right now if the situation warranted it.
I'm not sure I'll agree that such a concern equates to an alignment with LA and its actions; past, current and (based on your prognostications) future. In fact, I can tell you right now: it doesn't.

But, I won't talk about LA int his thread any further because I don't see the relevancy. I acknowledge that won't stop you.

If you don't like the results try again. it will be a big bankster free for all. Bye Tres 5 o clock.

US-Yellen-cartoon-by-Merk-Investments.png

How much fun will this be?

"With significantly tightened regulations and the decline in housing prices in many areas, there were concerns that
more home valuations were underestimated and new mortgages became harder to obtain during the crisis,
though the upward bias in appraisals that had prevailed during the subprime boom has been reduced somewhat
in many markets.

https://www.philadelphiafed.org/-/m...cations/working-papers/2015/wp15-28.pdf?la=en

flip flop flip flop. What will the next paper say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back