• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

First In Series - Ivpi Q&a #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that George. I just think some have a mistaken opinion of the supposed superior ethics or lower costs of a non-profit organization. People within the organization will still need to be paid, equipment will need to be purchased and maintained, benefits will need to provided. I mean do all these people shouting "Hallelujah! Our Savior is here!" really think that there will be no costs associated with the land, labor, or capital associated with any organization? This myth that is being shoved down our throats by some exalted ones who are clearly already intoxicated with the powerful drug of perceived power is sickening.

My business is just fine; I don't need anyone telling me how to run it or spoonfeeding me work. I don't operate unethically or incompetently. I don't need someone with a perceived higher sense of ethics charging me with misconduct because I decide to perform a desktop appraisal at no cost because they, in their infinite knowledge of USPAP, which exceeds even the knowledge of the entity which created USPAP, decides that such an action is punishible by professional death.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Therein lies my concern.

Those who would give up freedom for security deserve neither. I believe Mr. Franklin stated that.

The IVPI Fee Panel will be comprised of Independent Appraisers who VOLUNTARILY choose to do GSE Residential Mortgage Appraising - not employees. :icon_idea: :)

Choice is a good thing.

There's nothing wrong with profit. We're just proposing that the appraisers who are doing the work should keep as much of their profits as possible. As in, all of it.

I agree. The question is who has been / is operating business at a profit vs. just breaking even vs. a continued march towards the point of loss due to slashed fees offered by Big Box AMC's.

just don't let the Lenders own them, period. It is a conflict of interest if the end result is true independence. As long as lenders have a financial stake in the AMCs my guess is it will be business as usual.

To the point of my comments. Touche, Mr. Kevin Mc.

The IVPI Fee Panel will be comprised of Independent Appraisers who VOLUNTARILY choose to do GSE Residential Mortgage Appraising - not employees. :icon_idea: :)

Choice is a good thing.

Is association with the IVPI voluntary or a requirement to receive assignments associated with GSE lenders?

The choice to do both is voluntary as is the choice to do mortgage appraisals for lenders which are not FHA/HUD OR VA Approved. So is the choice not to. :)

Last edited:
How about a simple "yes" or "no" to this statement. Stop playing word games. Answer the question straightforwardly.

Yes or no.

"The intent of the IVPI is to require the appraiser to be a member or otherwise affiliated with the IVPI as a prequisite to receive appraisal assignments from lenders utilizing GSE secondary funding. If the appraiser is not a member or otherwise affliated with IVPI, said lender will not be able to utilize the appraiser as all appraisal requests must be routed through IVPI for assignment to their approved panel of appraisers."

Yes or no.

Will somebody please answer my simple question? When is the IVPI going into effect and how does one sign up for it to receive orders? Or is this just a proposal at this point?

How about a simple "yes" or "no" to this statement. Stop playing word games. Answer the question straightforwardly.

Yes or no.

"The intent of the IVPI is to require the appraiser to be a member or otherwise affiliated with the IVPI as a prequisite to receive appraisal assignments from lenders utilizing GSE secondary funding. If the appraiser is not a member or otherwise affliated with IVPI, said lender will not be able to utilize the appraiser as all appraisal requests must be routed through IVPI for assignment to their approved panel of appraisers."

Yes or no.

Asked and answered above. see #35.

IVPI Proposal Page 8, Section 2

Unify GSE appraisal Policies, Guidelines, and Establish a Centralized Ordering System:
1. Utilize existing software to develop an ordering system, similar to VA’s TAS.
2. Appraisers will register their local market areas; rotational appraisal assignments will be
based on technical and geographical competency.
3. Interface with the GSEs to update their policies and format them into a simple and easyto​
follow guide. It should be specific with requirements ordered in a numerical sequence.
4. Assist the GSEs to combine their policies into a single uniform, USPAP compliant, policy which addressing Consumer appraisal portability; published of GSEs policies in pdf format.

Last edited:
So if this is just a proposal, what are the chances this passes and when is this decision suppose to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back