• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Gold at 5k per ounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
It's gonna double in the next 5 years.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Yeah, but it does not taste good, takes too much to fill you up, won't keep you warm and does not have that "new car smell".

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
Yeah, but it does not taste good, takes too much to fill you up, won't keep you warm and does not have that "new car smell".
Well it would be better than a $50 Big Mac.I think you could EXCHANGE Gold for something of value ,Mickey Mouse US Dollars ,if your so enclined or , you guessed it , beans and ammo...:shrug:

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
I'm getting into foreign currency exchange...in particular, I exchanging my dollars for Chucky Cheese tokens...I figure by 2011 I'll be able to purchase 10x as many rides and burgers as I can at current rates.

Crunch Hardtack

Professional Status
State
Ohio
D.W. that might just be the smart play, and besides, their pizza isn't too bad either.

Was reading an article a while back by a Russian general who mentioned that the U.S. currently has 10x as much currency in circulation as it does assets to back the currency. Long and short of the article was that Russia probably won't have to worry about a military confrontation over America as we will probably collapse from within.......and if anyone should know about that it's a former Soviet.

Are Zaio zones available in Moscow?

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I'm getting into foreign currency exchange...in particular, I exchanging my dollars for Chucky Cheese tokens...I figure by 2011 I'll be able to purchase 10x as many rides and burgers as I can at current rates.

:rof: :rof: :rof:

Big ole Boy

Elite Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Brussels and Davos

It will never get to $5,000 .......

...... because dollars will not exist at that point .....

...... it means the "Amero" ........ when the relationship between the price of a barrel of oil and an ounce of gold reflect an unsustainable equation ...

.... inflation .... and the Amero will again be another "New Deal" ..... not by the US GOvernment .... but by Brussels and Davos .....

JT1974

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
When gold makes it to $5,000 per ounce, fees for residential appraisals will be somewhere around $99 a piece.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
.....Was reading an article a while back by a Russian general who mentioned that the U.S. currently has 10x as much currency in circulation as it does assets to back the currency. ......?

Mike you are dead WRONG.
The US Guvmnt has LOTS of 9v batteries, more than enuf to back up all our currency,
even the all the 747-size planeloads of fresh $100 bills that have been going off to Russia daily for the last 10+ years.
(( True - ask the russian general about this ))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks