• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Google Business Profile Reviews for Appraisers?

cpursley

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Georgia
Something I learned from one of my customers who's dominating in Google search results (website, social media, BBB listing, Yelp, directories): https://www.google.com/search?q=Spurgeon Appraisals
spurgeon-appraisals-search-results.png
Pay special attention to the right hand side. That's their Google Business Profile with Reviews enabled. This is something I don't think many appraisers are aware of - and it's 100% free and takes only about 10 mins to set up.

I put together a little guide about how to set up a Google Business Profile and encouraging clients to leave reviews - hopeful y'all find this helpful: Boost The Visibility Of Your Appraisal Business with Google Reviews

Also please share any tips you've found about how to rank better in search results!

Can you disable reviews? The only other honest appraiser in my town got ganged up so badly by Realtors posting one star negative reviews that he changed his listing to permanently closed!

Appraisers are not like most businesses. When we do our jobs well, sometimes it pisses off the person who pays us.

If you are going to open yourself up to Google My Business and reviews, the key is to seek out reviews from customers you know were happy with your service. Otherwise you’ll be defined by the negatives.

Spurgeon has spent money on their web presence, but I don't associate a competent appraiser with strong marketing. I noticed they don't include a link for individual appraiser quals. For most services I end up calling someone I know and get a personal reference. Some of the national marketing services like Angi are a total waste of time.

Spurgeon has spent money on their web presence
Not a whole lot. Setting up Google Biz Profile with reviews is 100% free.

Grabbing a domain on namecheap.com is $10 per year and setting up a website on squarespace is $25 a month (there's cheaper alternatives). I should do a post on that and what kind of content to include on the site. He's also got a jotform set up for accepting orders which is linked on his site (and says orders do come in from that).

What are folks opinions on the old-school directories like AppraiserUSA and the ancient looking e-appraisersdirectory one?

By linking to your site, directories help build domain authority for SEO, but I never had much luck getting work from them.

In my specialty I was on page one. But paid ads from mineral BUYERS, BROKERS, ETC. claiming to be mineral APPRAISERS sucked up the first few pages. Now I am on page 8.

Not a whole lot. Setting up Google Biz Profile with reviews is 100% free.

Grabbing a domain on namecheap.com is $10 per year and setting up a website on squarespace is $25 a month (there's cheaper alternatives). I should do a post on that and what kind of content to include on the site. He's also got a jotform set up for accepting orders which is linked on his site (and says orders do come in from that).

What are folks opinions on the old-school directories like AppraiserUSA and the ancient looking e-appraisersdirectory one?

appraisers.com used to be my bread and butter bitd where I ranked very high or on top of a bunch of counties until my office mgr at the time didnt renew and I dropped off completely. no amount of begging would get them to put me back where I was I was so bummed

@Functional Obs is really good at this and has helped me tremendously hopefully he'll chime in

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back