• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

How does everyone manage their passwords?

I have about 1100 passwords on 1Password - which requires a Yubi key to login to - at intervals of 1-4 weeks (user settable). And I store a lot of other information as well.
This is a neat idea, gonna look into it.

RoboForm.

Password managers will generate a unique non-human readable password (i.e., computationally much hard to hack) per site/portal.

Here's an example: https://www.lastpass.com/features/password-generator

With a password manager, it auto-fills all of these. You just have to remember the master password (which should be occasionally rotated, of course).

Win11 has a good password manager but I like this idea ill have to try it out.

With a password manager, it auto-fills all of these.
on 5 separate computers? Plus 2 phones? And are always in sync? Anytime I tried that it got all f'd over which email address I was using (I have 4)

on 5 separate computers? Plus 2 phones? And are always in sync? Anytime I tried that it got all f'd over which email address I was using (I have 4)

I have the similar experience: One Microsoft Surface Book laptop. one Apple laptop, one Mac-mini (although it is getting old), one Mac Studio Ultra M2, one AMD Ryzen 5950 desktop, one iPhone, one iPad --- all with 1Password in sync. 1100 passwords and other info.

A separate password manager is ideal for those who use multiple browsers and operating systems. Plus you don't have to worry about losing all your passwords if you get locked out of your Google account for instance.

I've been using Bitwarden for years with minimal complaint. It has a bunch of cool features such as secure notes and a really easy to use tool for generating usernames and passwords. For those tech inclined Bitwarden can be self-hosted.

I would also recommend turning off the browser's default password manager save and fill options if using a separate password manager.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back