• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hurricane Helena devastation in NC!

I said, a fact is not an opinion. I am not talking about your opinion or my opinion. (I already said that)
'
There are fact-checking sites online, and you said you believe fact-checking is worthless.
You chose to remain in the MAGA distorted version of facts and events echosphere-

The statement that "fact-checking is worthless in its own right" is not the same as saying "fact-checking is worthless."

Ask ChatGPT, ixxxt:

ME: what does it mean to say that "fact-checking is worthless in its own right."

ChatGPT: The statement "fact-checking is worthless in its own right" suggests that the act of verifying facts, without any further action or context, holds little value. This perspective might arise from a few considerations:

Purpose of Fact-Checking: Fact-checking is typically aimed at confirming the accuracy of information to ensure reliability and trustworthiness in communication. However, if the results of fact-checking are not used to inform or adjust behavior, influence policy, educate the public, or correct misinformation, then the act of just checking facts might be seen as ineffective or insufficient on its own.

Impact on Public Perception: If fact-checking is perceived as biased or selectively applied, it may not have the intended effect of educating or correcting misconceptions among the public. Instead, it could be viewed as just another tool for partisan argument, which may lead some to question its intrinsic worth.

Changes in Public Behavior: Fact-checking alone does not automatically lead to changes in how people think or behave. Without accompanying efforts to address the underlying reasons why misinformation is believed or spread (such as biases, lack of media literacy, or social influences), the practice of fact-checking might not achieve meaningful outcomes.

Overemphasis on Technical Accuracy: Focusing strictly on the factual correctness of statements without considering their implications, context, or the nuances of language can sometimes miss the broader picture. For instance, a statement might be factually correct but misleading in its framing or implications.

Thus, the claim that "fact-checking is worthless in its own right" could be interpreted as a critique of the limited scope of just verifying facts without integrating it into broader educational, corrective, or strategic frameworks that ensure the effective use of accurate information in public discourse.

Truth refers to what can be verified, known, or observed. Perhaps fact and evidence is better verbgiate

You and I can have different opinions about facts or events, which is not the same thing as one of us (one side ) inventing their own version of events or facts ( with no evidence to support it)

The support is a rabbit hole of rumors , conspiracy theories, and falsehoods, sometimes with a kernel of truth buried in them to confuse the issue.
I don't disagree with you, but I was simply quoting one of Pilate's responses to Jesus from Jesus Christ, Superstar :)

The statement that "fact-checking is worthless in its own right" is not the same as saying "fact-checking is worthless."

Ask ChatGPT, ixxxt:

ME: what does it mean to say that "fact-checking is worthless in its own right."

ChatGPT: The statement "fact-checking is worthless in its own right" suggests that the act of verifying facts, without any further action or context, holds little value. This perspective might arise from a few considerations:

Purpose of Fact-Checking: Fact-checking is typically aimed at confirming the accuracy of information to ensure reliability and trustworthiness in communication. However, if the results of fact-checking are not used to inform or adjust behavior, influence policy, educate the public, or correct misinformation, then the act of just checking facts might be seen as ineffective or insufficient on its own.

Impact on Public Perception: If fact-checking is perceived as biased or selectively applied, it may not have the intended effect of educating or correcting misconceptions among the public. Instead, it could be viewed as just another tool for partisan argument, which may lead some to question its intrinsic worth.

Changes in Public Behavior: Fact-checking alone does not automatically lead to changes in how people think or behave. Without accompanying efforts to address the underlying reasons why misinformation is believed or spread (such as biases, lack of media literacy, or social influences), the practice of fact-checking might not achieve meaningful outcomes.

Overemphasis on Technical Accuracy: Focusing strictly on the factual correctness of statements without considering their implications, context, or the nuances of language can sometimes miss the broader picture. For instance, a statement might be factually correct but misleading in its framing or implications.

Thus, the claim that "fact-checking is worthless in its own right" could be interpreted as a critique of the limited scope of just verifying facts without integrating it into broader educational, corrective, or strategic frameworks that ensure the effective use of accurate information in public discourse.
You can't even explain in your own words why you think fact-checking is worthless; instead you type it into chat GPT and let it spit out word vomit.

I question your literacy, your ability to read. Yes, I did explain "worthless in its own right" more than once. And you have proven that you are to a certain extent illiterate when it comes to reading English.

I said, a fact is not an opinion. I am not talking about your opinion or my opinion. (I already said that)
'
There are fact-checking sites online, and you said you believe fact-checking is worthless.
You chose to remain in the MAGA distorted version of facts and events echosphere-

This is all BS on your part. You are somewhat illiterate and repeat the same **** over and over. - And with respect to my opinions of you that is all I can do as well. So, there is nothing to be gained by communicating further.

I question your literacy, your ability to read. Yes, I did explain "worthless in its own right" more than once. And you have proven that you are to a certain extent illiterate when it comes to reading English.
No you did not, explain your original position on why you think fact-checking is worthless,
- now you shift teh narrative to worthless in its own right - which you provided word salad from chat GPT on -

Chat GPT just presents both sides of a view and loops around in a subject in vapid prose.

Back in May, DeSantis signed a state bill that bans the term “Climate Change” from state statutes.
Since global warming is no longer the siren song, maybe climate change will survive when decoupled from manmade.

This the BULLSHYTT that FEMA is working on, effing outrageous.

https://theworldwatch.com/videos/16...e-should-focus-our-efforts-on-lgbtqia-people/

You just can't break through the TDS of some people.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back