• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hybrid appraisal report

To all those appraisers who try to shame other appraisers for accepting work because they wouldn't....
I say F U....

It's like vegans telling others not to eat meat....
And you know what your response would be.... :)

I wish I was allowed to do these, I could make millions ($150 at a time). Unfortunately, my state requires me to actively and personally supervise anyone providing appraisal assistance, which obviously the appraisal inspection would fall under.

Good luck to you.

To all those appraisers who try to shame other appraisers for accepting work because they wouldn't....
I say F U....

It's like vegans telling others not to eat meat....
And you know what your response would be.... :)
No one is trying to shame anyone into doing anything. Just make the reasons that you choose to decline real. Not BS excuses.

We stared out with a simple index card appraisal.
Ok, not enough, so the 1004 shows up, 8 page report. More money.
Not enough, USPAP shows up, 30 page report. A little more money.
Too much, hybrid report shows up. But wait. Your liability is still there and so is the requirement for your work file. But your pay went back down to the index card appraisal.

This post tells you everything as to why this profession is going downhill very fast, and why. Time to realize it's in a death spiral.

Any particulars of the form aside, this is just like a regular appraisal; the appraiser is responsible for the comps, analysis, and value. Therefore the discount for not inspecting should not be that large,, IMO. The only difference is now, instead of you inspecting, they sent a nonappraiser out. Now you have your info secondhand.

On the plus side, you will receive extensive photos and some basic notes on materials and appliances present etc, plus a floorplan ( typically)
The form should include a statement that you are not responsible for the inspection, or you can add your own statement.

Yes grant, why do they think the inspection takes the big part of our time. And why do they think it's faster to wait, as this poster, for that inspection information.
My direct lender hated them, would not do them, said it cost more and took longer. Heard that from different people.

I wish I was allowed to do these, I could make millions ($150 at a time). Unfortunately, my state requires me to actively and personally supervise anyone providing appraisal assistance, which obviously the appraisal inspection would fall under.

Good luck to you.
So NC has effectively outlawed hybrids and desktops. Are they enforcing it?

Well, offer me the same fee as a regular 1004... why not. Of course, that is the rub.
I'm a meat eater....
If a vegan tried to shame me I'd have to tell him F U....
Unless he was a large vegan....

So NC has effectively outlawed hybrids and desktops. Are they enforcing it?

They’ve only issued warnings to appraisers to be sure they are following state law that requires them to supervise anybody performing appraisal services. They forward the complaints onto the realtor board and the realtor board issues warnings to their members to make sure they are only performing work in which their license allows them to perform.

But they also only see what is submitted to them. They’re not very proactive in the process. I will admit I haven’t kept up on it over the past few years to know what else they’ve put out there. It doesn’t help that Frank and George’s new TAF partner routinely will threaten boards Should they enforce their laws. All in the name of public trust.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back