• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

I just switched to Clickforms. Here is the good, the bad and the ugly

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
if you are really worried about UAD you can download this for free and run your reports through it before sending them in.

Fargo1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Dakota
Thanks for the link. I might just do that. Before I was opening up the xml in my Total software. But this might be easier. I previously sent an email to tech support about some missing items and they seemed eager to fix anything that was missing. So I'm sure it wouldn't take long for them to make any changes within Clickforms to catch the missing UAD compliance items. Then the Total UAD reader would no longer be needed.

I was just really surprised when I ran Clickforms Reviewer that it didn't catch everything. I was intentional about leaving some errors in the report so I could check the reviewer when I did my first report. When the reviewer missed those items, I ran it through Total to see if it missed anything else. It was pretty disappointing for me that they didn't have this all worked out. I like Clickforms but when it cost almost twice as much I was hoping for something more impressive.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
I used Clickforms for over 20 years. When UAD came in, despite their pious claims that (if new forms appeared) they would upgrade the software at no cost to the users... Bradford wanted $$$$.
I will never purchase their software again; they are not trustworthy.

Fargo1

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
I used Clickforms for over 20 years. When UAD came in, despite their pious claims that (if new forms appeared) they would upgrade the software at no cost to the users... Bradford wanted $$$$.
I will never purchase their software again; they are not trustworthy.
I kind of had the same issue with ACI. When the UAD came, they required you to purchase their 'e-services' at at twice the price every year in order to create an xml. So not much difference. Then or course there is CoreLogic. I don't trust them either. The only one I would really trust is SFREP. They also have really nice software. But they are a the most expensive service and offer the least features for my simple needs. So I guess any software you choose is a matter of choosing between evils.

GregoryK

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I used Wintotal at a small office of five about 20 years ago. Always coming out with new features while never perfecting the existing ones. Also, found it to be very unstable at times. Switched to Bradford, and have used it since. A year or two ago tried Total again. Still found the same issues, and also - it was slow, and time consuming compared to Clickforms. A couple of tips for Clickforms. You can add word and excel to the toolbar through the edit option on the ribbon. I have a default template open when I am in Clickforms. That makes the addendum writing much easier than any other package I have used, plus the formatting options are much better. Once you have completed writing your addenda, Crtl A copies the entire document and paste it into the exhibit page. It keeps the original formatting, and any embedded Excel tables, as well. You can also set up auto-text and building blocks in your Word template, or a standard worksheet in Excel.

Also, take full advantage of the lists, particularly the neighborhood lists. It includes the text from your addenda so if you're like me, you can address issues like rapid growth by having one well-written section for that area. And be consistent with every job there. Learning how to use Excel to update data in real-time, but I don't see why it would not work here. I keep track of permitted developments, for instance, in rapidly growing areas, and include a lot of MLS stats downloaded into excel, and linked to word docs.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks