• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

I Keep Hearing Corelogic Is Destroying The Appraisal Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott R.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I hear that CoreLogic is taking over everything. Destroying the job of the appraiser.

I also understand that a la mode software A.K.A. WinTotal appraisal software is owned by CoreLogic.

Any thoughts on this?

And why would anyone keep using a la mode if they are in fact, trying to destroy our livelihood?

The Forum Sponsor is a la mode?

Oh my.

Just wondering.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Several threads elsewhere...look 'em up.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
"The acquisition of a la mode is an important next step in the development and scaling of our end-to-end valuation solutions workflow suite which includes data and market insights, analytics as well as data-enabled services and platforms," Frank Martell, CoreLogic's president and CEO, said in a press release.

"A la mode tools and solutions help to make our professional appraiser community more productive and efficient. The addition of a la mode to our existing workflow and technology offerings also provides CoreLogic with a seamless digital platform for ordering, preparing, quality assuring and delivering property valuations and allows us to expand the connectivity between a number of the major constituencies in the mortgage underwriting ecosystem."
https://www.nationalmortgagenews.co...ode?feed=0000015a-628b-d7eb-addb-7fdb34590000

Why the need to own and control the whole process?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
From what I am being told appraisal software as we know it is probably not going to be around for very much longer and will go cloud based. Just like now if your a realtor you go online fill out the listing or purchase contract digital signature upload end it's done. There is no software on your computer hard drive and updates will be done automatically which you can set to happen in the middle of the night so your not slowed down. Fannie & Freddie are in the process of coming up with new appraisal forms next year and there is chatter about UAD changes. So in fairness to Alamodes owner he was one lucky guy to have corelogic bang on his door.

gregb

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Fannie & Freddie are in the process of coming up with new appraisal forms next year

Really? Rumors are it will be 3-4 years before new forms are rolled out, if by then.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
All those previous quests to rule the world went well, right?
Why not this one? :leeann:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Wont be long before CL controls all aspects of the real estate industry from R.E. brokerage through lending and closing. Just waiting for them to buy a bank.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Seperation of powers is no joke. They will stream line appraisers right out of business.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Seperation of powers is no joke. They will stream line appraisers right out of business.

time to stop relying on mortgage related work and diversify.

oh wait, i forgot that you are the only appraiser in the world who has clients that have no specific conditions they want addressed in appraisals, which means you don't do any mortgage related work. looks like you are golden.

well so long as you told us all the truth about your clients...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks