• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I Was In Error. Apparently There Is A 12th Member Of The Illinois 'appraisal Board'

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
The message is the title.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
The message is the title.

By Law, IL has an 11 member Board with 10 voting members and the 11th a non-voting position of the Appraisal Coordinator. There is, apparently, a "12th unofficial member of the Board" exerting a Machiavellian-like influence over the Board. Stay alert.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Bummer. This is how the horse designed by committee ends up looking like a camel.

The whole point of external pressure on appraisers is to prompt them to say one thing and do another. To apply the imprimatur of legitimacy on something that would never otherwise fly if it was fully disclosed.

ExplainDNA

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Wow. Okay, staying tuned...

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
As "FYI", I left the Board this past October, but, that is not the story. There is now a dearth of institutional memory (and, no, not "just because" yours truly has departed the scene) present--and this really is not a good thing (and it is purposeful). There is, however, no short-supply of inappropriate influencing going on :). Stay tuned.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
As "FYI", I left the Board this past October, but, that is not the story. There is now a dearth of institutional memory (and, no, not "just because" yours truly has departed the scene) present--and this really is not a good thing (and it is purposeful). There is, however, no short-supply of inappropriate influencing going on :). Stay tuned.
Wow...
Thanks for filling us in, Lee.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
By Law, IL has an 11 member Board with 10 voting members and the 11th a non-voting position of the Appraisal Coordinator. There is, apparently, a "12th unofficial member of the Board" exerting a Machiavellian-like influence over the Board. Stay alert.
Without details as to who this 12th unofficial member of the board is and how he or she is able to exert influence over the board, I don't know what to make of your accusation. Please provide more details if you are able to do so.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Without details as to who this 12th unofficial member of the board is and how he or she is able to exert influence over the board, I don't know what to make of your accusation. Please provide more details if you are able to do so.

The specifics of what is happening--the awareness of details will build over time. For the moment, I am being purposefully "fuzzy" here as to the details. Observers of the Board, and other than those who are too recent to have good understanding or perspective on things, are grasping what it is that I am sharing. My intent at this moment is to lift the proverbial shades and allow some sunlight into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks