• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Incompetent appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
it also depends on the state. in ohio for example no license is needed to perform an appraisal. the catch is that in order to perform an appraisal for a FRT you must have a license, but that is not a state requirement.
 
Most state Dept of Transportations has their own certifications. Ditto assessor appraisers. Separate from the system we are vetted in. If for condemnation, then I presume it does NOT involve the assessor, rather involves a local governmental valuer certified under a policy similar to the DOT or assessor.

Some states (the number 18 comes to mind) allows non appraisers to complete waiver valuations for eminent domain, non complex and under $10,000. These are usually signed off by a certified general before submitting.

Although allowed by the gov't, this process must be approved by the state board.
 
Thanks CAN.

and FTR...I wasn't laughing at the OP's question...I was laughing at the fact that Terraform & I live in the same county and both have rec'd the same request for employment
 
Thanks CAN.

and FTR...I wasn't laughing at the OP's question...I was laughing at the fact that Terraform & I live in the same county and both have rec'd the same request for employment

I know. The "Back to the OP..." tipped me off. :laugh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top