• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

IRS auto mileage rate increas 7/1/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Stone, I must be above average. Although, this is one time I wish I wasn't.
 
I drive 2000 - 3000 per month.....so the IRS is full of crap. The mileage increase makes me happy tho
 
I'm putting 30K on the car per year...

But I forgot to deduct those vacation trips to Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, etc.

So I might be just above average for "appraisal miles"
 
I have a separate car I use only for work. It makes life a whole easier come tax time.....and btw its a kia.....i am not rich.
 
It's slowed-down enough to make the Actual Expense Method work more in my favor as opposed to the Mileage Method.

Now I expense the "Leased vehicle" as my appraisal transportation. The mileage method is used for our "Owned vehicle" and on another business front and this increase is appreciated.

NOLO Law publishes a great book on various Business Expenses and how to establish the most efficient means of validating such business-related items.
 
I have a car that I use only for work and it averages 18,000 miles per year.
 
Like Stone, I must be above average. Although, this is one time I wish I wasn't.


Yep, guess I would be above average as well, use to be somewhere around 60K a year or more. This year might drop to around 40K or so.
 
I need more, time to rebuilt my engine!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top