• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Is Anyone Slowing Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
After a year of nonstop orders, the last 2 weeks have been dead. Anyone else like this? Usually this time of year is busy with people trying to get into homes before the holidays. Is the election to blame?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Slow the last 2 weeks, last 2 months up and down after a super busy run.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Last month has been steadily slowing overall. I can only do so much, but different sources have revealed market has been slowing over 2 or 3 states over the past month steadily and significantly. Rates were about the same a month ago, so it can't be all on rates. I am sure some markets are different in different states or smaller geographical areas than states.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
Had a lull for about a week (before the election). Caught up with what I had and now I'm fairly busy again.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
According to one source, this month, it is a rural county in TN that has had more appraisal business from a national lender. That proves it's hard to stereotype it.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm (thankfully) staying pretty steady (avg 5/wk - my sweet spot!). I'm not turning down as much as I was 1-2 months ago, but still steady. A couple friends of mine who work at AMC's though, have said they're volume has been slowing down recently (the last 2-3 weeks).

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
I'm (thankfully) staying pretty steady (avg 5/wk - my sweet spot!). I'm not turning down as much as I was 1-2 months ago, but still steady. A couple friends of mine who work at AMC's though, have said they're volume has been slowing down recently (the last 2-3 weeks).

Getting out of the AMC game was the best thing I ever did for consistency. The difference between my busiest and slowest month is now probably 10% or less.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
I just quoted December 5th for a residential report.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
i have 4,000 people coming to my market (election) and another 4,000 are leaving, lol. still busy!

I was in Northern VA for the beginning of 2nd Bush administration and even tho the Prez didn't change, there's still enough movement with other gov employees to keep things going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks