• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Land Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Reuss

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Anybody heard of, or do review work for Land Safe Appraisal?

I've never heard of them, they contacted me about reviewing reports from all over the country, don't know what they pay.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Why would they want an appraiser in Arkansas to review appraisals from all over the country?

They have a guy in Portland who reviews the Oregon appraisals, so I figured there are one or two in each state. If you don't want it PM me, I could use the review work.

NC Old Guy

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Hopefully they're not field reviews!!!!!!! I know that around my area, I've had them offer us a couple of field reviews, always in an adjacent county, either close to a $1M house or HUD mfg homes, (all obviously easy properties, HA!), wanting additional comps, need them back in a couple days for the outstanding fee of $125. I've always countered with a different fee & have never done one for them. Maybe they're in a different price level where you are.

bmallory

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
landsafe is owned by countrywide. they're the largest appraisal management company.

Michigander

Professional Status
State
Michigan

I've never heard of them, they contacted me about reviewing reports from all over the country, don't know what they pay.

Did they pursue you for a staff position or as an independent appraiser? Are you sure they want you to provide reviews all over the country or is it county?

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
You should get some real doozies. Some of the most outrageous ones I have seen were sent to me by Landsafe. If nothing else it will keep you busy filing complaints with the state.

James Reuss

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
From what little I know about them, they provide 3 levels of review.

1-Full Field Review
2-Desk Review
3-Enhanced Desk Review, this type is only done only by an appraiser located in the subjects market area.

Jim

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland

Just a question, how is it legal to review appraisal reports for states in which one is not licensed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks