• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Licenced to Certified General classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patti Persia

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Delaware
Hi, I have been licensed in DE for 20 years. I want to upgrade to Cert General. I already have a bachelors. I can not seem to find any of the classes. I am only supposed to take the 15-hour courses or the 150 hours to upgrade and I can only find classes for the 300 hours.
Does anyone know of any of those classes? I have checked appraisal institute and some online ones like Mckissock and Computaught. I am at a loss and do not want to take an extra 150 hours of coursework to upgrade.

Another appraiser just complained about practicum and parea not being available for cert general path. Good complaint.

Maybe ASC or TAF would be a good one to complain to. Maybe State Board. Hell just complain to all of them. That appraisal bias committee has the most power over everybody. Complain to them that you want the same path to certified general as certified residential have.

Tell them it is discrimination. Do that.

Call the provider and ask if you can just join the classes for the portions you need.

do not want to take an extra 150 hours of coursework to upgrade.
You have to take the minimum required, period. So check ASA, ASFMRA, and AI for course offerings - which my understanding have to be tested classes. AI has qualifying classes soon in Pennsylvania (live) and some I suppose are on line.
https://www.appraisalinstitute.org/education/

Hi, I have been licensed in DE for 20 years. I want to upgrade to Cert General. I already have a bachelors. I can not seem to find any of the classes. I am only supposed to take the 15-hour courses or the 150 hours to upgrade and I can only find classes for the 300 hours.
Does anyone know of any of those classes? I have checked appraisal institute and some online ones like Mckissock and Computaught. I am at a loss and do not want to take an extra 150 hours of coursework to upgrade.
Congrats.

you might have to wrangle a live appraisal institute class and even go away to take it. maybe they have some online now. usually most live classes are found around the time of certification needed renewal. again might have to travel.

It's not just the hours. The QE requirements include certain topics which aren't included in the QE courses for residential, and the tests are based on the content of the courses in that pipeline. In my state that pass rate for the CG exam is under 50%, and those test takers have to complete the hours before they can take the test. Meaning they passed the courses but flunked the exam even including the re-exams.

It's not just the hours. The QE requirements include certain topics which aren't included in the QE courses for residential, and the tests are based on the content of the courses in that pipeline. In my state that pass rate for the CG exam is under 50%, and those test takers have to complete the hours before they can take the test. Meaning they passed the courses but flunked the exam even including the re-exams.
No bearing. Not relative. Maybe the applicants were slow. Perhaps they should have studied under you.

Wait til this appraisal bias gets finished. That appraisal bias panel is on a hunt. Watch them George.

I have hunted with many dogs when they are on a hunt. They usually find their prey. I finish the kill.

I eat what I kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back