• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Licenced to Certified General classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dress it clean it and it looks like grocery store meat. I cook it. I eat it.

1690570974246.png1690570931395.png
I got this from google in about 2 minutes.

If it's been 20 years since someone took their QE then it might be smarter for them to retake portions of their previous hours as they are currently taught, because that's what the test is geared for. There's so much riding on the outcome that cutting this one corner might not be the wisest move. Remember, half of everyone who takes the cap courses never pass the course, and half the people who have passed all the courses never pass the CG exam. Even after retakes. 50% of 50% = 25% of the people who take the cap courses end up getting their CGs, which means the other 75% of course participants don't. You want to be in the 25%, not the 75%.

Besides that, CG applications commonly hinge directly on the fundamentals and certain refinements of those fundamentals that you can't get to without really understanding those fundamantals. It's cumulative, like math. You can't do algebra without first mastering 4-function arithmetic. Depending on their book of work it's common for CGs to run into new-to-them situations on the regular, and the way we solve those is to go back to the basics and work our way through them. The applications are all expressions of the underlying concepts and principles.

Incoming SFR appraisers are commonly encouraged by their supervisors to discard much of the fundamentals in favor of focusing on the mechanics of filling the form out correctly. Some appraisers progress from that point, but some don't. So if someone isn't commonly DOING certain types of analyses that they were exposed to in their original QE training they might have trouble just sliding into them with a mid-career upgrade course.

IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back