• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Market conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Pachter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Florida
Anyone have market conditions data for Washignton County, PA, zip code 15057, McDonald, PA? What is the % change in property values for the area comparing May 2007 to 2008 and what is the property value % trend comparing March-May 2008. Are marketing times really 3-6 months? Thanks.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Anyone have market conditions data for Washignton County, PA, zip code 15057, McDonald, PA? What is the % change in property values for the area comparing May 2007 to 2008 and what is the property value % trend comparing March-May 2008. Are marketing times really 3-6 months? Thanks.

Isn't this like a pencil search? What would you call this? A market conditions pencil search?

I have a suggestion: Pay for someone to analyze the market for the next 2 hours or do your own digging. :fiddle:

Sid Pachter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I am trying to completela desk review where the field appraiser did not provide any market analysis and there are dated and distant comps used. The subject is located in an area where none of my normal data sources has access so I cannot form an opinion as to current market trends. Consequently as a last resort I thought to use this forum for help. I am not trying to take advantage of someone and this is not a pencil serach. CWD if you don't have anything positive to contribute then stay silent.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I agree with CWD.

If you don't have the data sources necessary then you have no competence (or business) completing the assignment.

Diego Lopez

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Wow, so your desk review will actually be based on someones opinion in this forum.

Wow!

Sid Pachter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
All I asked was for some data pertaining to a given market-some help. No compe selection but rather trends for a given area. No one repsonded in a constructive way, so I guess I expected too much. None of you saw the report I have to review so any commnets by those who respondied pertaining to me or how I do my job are worthless. My review is compelte and my findings have been passed on to my client. I'll never ask for a favor from this site again. However I'll continue to read and when one of you asks a question, I'll respond appropriately.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
So are your remote control observations going to get the appraiser who completed the original report into trouble?

Personally I'd be really angry if I had to respond to a review completed by someone who wasn't familiar with my market.

Sid Pachter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
So are your remote control observations going to get the appraiser who completed the original report into trouble?

Gee how did you get a copy of my report? or do you have ESP or x-ray viosion? Who said anything about getting anyone in trouble? You must have a guilty conscience. I feel sorry for you.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
You must have a guilty conscience. I feel sorry for you.

Whatever.

This thread belongs in Bobby Bucks blog "Improvising the Profession."

Sid Pachter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
"Whatever", a real intelligent reply. Again my sympathies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks