• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mckissoks USPAP Online Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Andrew - from Charlotte...........Charlotte says "Me Too" !!!!!

I took one on-line course and was going to take the other Saturday. I had the same problem. I tryed to access the web site and it asked for a log in and password. So, I skipped that and tryed to access a class. I could do that, but couldn't register the class because the website is unavailable. So, forget that! I'm back to traveling to a class this Friday and it's not McKissock.

I e-mailed them and called them Saturday morning, but they are not a 7 day a week company. Maybe they'll be in by 10 a.m. today (Monday). Haven't heard back. Somebody screwed that up and it's costing McKissock money!

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Andrew, their 1-800-328-2008 phone number doesn't work, either.

I sent them a fax saying that # doesn't work, their site doesn't work, and their tech people don't work, at least on weekends.

It's shame such a good thing went bad. I needed to take a course over the weekend, because this week is so full I won't have time. I'll just travel on Friday since inspections are on the way.

Melissa Wilson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Pennsylvania
Thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt. Even though Warren County was supposed to get hit by Isebelle, we lucked out in that arena. Unfortunately, some things happened on Friday night that caused our website to require passwords and our 800# to be re-routed. ??? The strange part is that the two things are completely unrelated, but happened around the same time. Both actions are being investigated and we hope to find the source of these problems soon.

The good news is that the website (www.mckissock.com) and our toll free phone# (800-328-2008) are both back up and running, and we are doing everything in our power to help those who were inconvenienced by the situation.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and ask that you contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Thank you,
Melissa Wilson
VP of Distance Education
McKissock, Inc.

Mike Simpson

Since Melissa's shown up I'm going to give an alternate viewpoint based on an unpleasant experience.

When McKissock's courses blew through town I took everything they had to offer. I liked the classes and felt the instructor's were a cut above the rest--UNTIL...

...Dick McKissock had stated during one of his classes; (paraphrasing) "if anyone has a problem with a review appraiser--I'll look over the appraisal & review for $200!"

Well sure enough--some time goes by & I begin having problems w/a Mega Lender/Bank & one of their review appraisers. My attorney says; "you need to have an appraiser w/national credibility look over the appraisal & review report & give us their opinion."

Dick's previous offer pops into my head & I give him a call--only now the fees $300! I send the $300, copies of the appraisal & review & wait...& wait...& wait. I verify Dicks received the reports & inform him I'll be needing something in writing. That was years ago & I'm still waiting.

It's a little more than late now Melissa--the problems been resolved in other ways, however, I'd like my $300 bucks back!

-Mike

Melissa Wilson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Pennsylvania
I forwarded Mike's email to Matt McKissock, the company President, for his response. His response follows. I should point out that even though the project that Mike describes is outside the realm of what we typically do as a company, Matt or I would have followed up if we had known there was a problem. We deal with over 30,000 education customers annually, and we take our customers' satisfaction very seriously. - Melissa

[Response from Matt McKissock]
Melissa,

I was not aware of any such service that we have ever offered. Please check with Dick and see what he has to say about this. If we have dropped the ball on this, we will of course make it right.

Thanks,
Matt

Steve Forstner

Professional Status
State
Michigan
It's nice to see that McKissock is willing to have a presence here. Nice to be able to ask questions directly from the vendor. :)

Steve

Mike Simpson

Melissa-

I don't really need, want or expect my money back. I was forced to come up with alternate choices to remedy my problem & that was years ago now.

However, reputation is everything in this business...if someone makes an offer or says they're going to do something--they should do their level best to follow through...not take someone's money & leave em hangin.

Thanks for listening,

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks