ChattoogaMHguy
Freshman Member
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2017
- Professional Status
- Appraiser Trainee
- State
- Georgia
Hello. I'm an appraiser with a county assessors office (state certified, but NOT licensed). I'm trying to establish some resources for dealing with manufactured homes for tax tax purposes. Of course, one of the main issues for any type of appraisal is proper identification.
I've got a 1993 double wide, manufacturer's ID #s are DSDAL4421A & DSDAL4421B. I'm trying to properly identify the manufacturer. Some sites state that this number can be broken down as: DSD (manufacturer or plant) AL (state) 4421 (model number). All well and good, but checking a 2017 list of certified and registered mobile home manufacturers in Alabama, I can't find a name that would obviously acronym to DSD.
Since 1993 there have been numerous closings, mergings, and acquisitions of different mobile home manufacturers (with the attendant changes in serial number format). Does anybody know what manufacturer may have used this serial number format? Or can anyone suggest a source I can check? This home apparently was never titled in my state, so the state DMV can't help, and the present owner says he doesn't have a title (I know, I know ... but that DOES happen in small rural counties).
Can anyone help?
I've got a 1993 double wide, manufacturer's ID #s are DSDAL4421A & DSDAL4421B. I'm trying to properly identify the manufacturer. Some sites state that this number can be broken down as: DSD (manufacturer or plant) AL (state) 4421 (model number). All well and good, but checking a 2017 list of certified and registered mobile home manufacturers in Alabama, I can't find a name that would obviously acronym to DSD.
Since 1993 there have been numerous closings, mergings, and acquisitions of different mobile home manufacturers (with the attendant changes in serial number format). Does anybody know what manufacturer may have used this serial number format? Or can anyone suggest a source I can check? This home apparently was never titled in my state, so the state DMV can't help, and the present owner says he doesn't have a title (I know, I know ... but that DOES happen in small rural counties).
Can anyone help?