• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mortgage fraud investigation nets 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Where did I hear where this MIGHT happen?? Those that get there first get the best cheese. Names not yet public Wonder IF that's cause there are many more names to come.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I heard about this coming 2.5 months ago. So did everybody at the Albuquerque Mortgage Fraud conference.

Karl here has been forecasting this for many weeks.

This is just the beginning folks!!!

Michigander

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
The article doesn't give much information. Does anyone have any more links to this that might shed more light? And yeah, as soon as I saw that I thought of Pam and Karl who have been talking about something big looming for months.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
This little blurb is just a news information 'leak'. The full details will come out officially later, after those about to be arrested are actually arrested. I was told that the vast majority of these indictments are for people that have no clue what's about to hit them and that many will involved those that have been altering documents.

700 that will each name others.

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Hmm....

Didn't I hear that might be coming? I'm glad you had your tin foil hat on Karl so you were safe.

Too many people here who are supposed to be professional researchers and analysts can't see the forest for the trees.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
:new_multi::new_multi:Oh Happy Day!!!!! :new_multi::new_multi:

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Now lets just figure IF 700 folks are trying to get to the best cheese & each one just happens to mention for easy math (Not 10 that's to easy) Lets say each mention 5 other people ssee how 5 x 700=3,500 You may want to check my math but I think that's right. Now see how fast this is going to multiply. Which in turn comes back to the problem we had to get to this 700. Grand Jury indictments can take 18 months not hours as on TV. See why many that THINK they have gotten away with so much MAY now be wondering did I actuually get a way??

So here is what to do & since I said Mid June I hope some MIGHT start thinking that I MIGHT actually know what I'm talking about. Yes P. & B I was very upset & nervous that this wasn't going to happen when it did NOT appear in the Sunday paper. Here is what you MIGHT want to do in the event that you MIGHT have done something that due to becoming more experienced & knowledgeable your NOT as proud of as you were before seeing this 700 real live people number. & is going to increase very shortly.

Here is the BEST thing you can do: Go to them before they come to you. Gurantee IF you go to them before they come to you it carries a automatic discount.

For those that still think I'm just a B.S. Artist stay tuned!!

James Sturm

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Pam,
"This little blurb is just a news information 'leak'. The full details will come out officially later, after those about to be arrested are actually arrested. I was told that the vast majority of these indictments are for people that have no clue what's about to hit them and that many will involved those that have been altering documents."

I believe it has started in Chicago. Just heard on the news (NBC) that 70 arrests were made in Chicago for mortgage fraud involving inflating values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks