• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Non-consecutive HUD Certification Labels

Overimprovement

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
Anyone ever seen a home where these two labels are not consecutively numbered, and if so, do you know what it means? The numbers are not even close. And sadly, the Data Plate had been removed from the home as well, so can't even be certain whether they SHOULD be consecutive or not...

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
They don't have to be consecutive, but they should at least have the same zip code. The lender will probably have to get a copy of the data plate. Not your job.

Overimprovement

Professional Status
State
Kentucky
They don't have to be consecutive, but they should at least have the same zip code. The lender will probably have to get a copy of the data plate. Not your job.
Have you ever seen them non-consecutive? One is NTA117abcd, the other NTA114wxyz, so off by quite a bit. Can't imagine they were part of the same manufacturing run, or even production year. Almost wonder if somehow they came from different assembly plants...

Overimprovement

Professional Status
State
Kentucky
I've only done about 100 Mfg homes, so maybe still a rookie with these, but never once seen them non-consecutive, so it just threw me I guess...subject home is a 2002 Oakwood.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Have you ever seen them non-consecutive? One is NTA117abcd, the other NTA114wxyz, so off by quite a bit. Can't imagine they were part of the same manufacturing run, or even production year. Almost wonder if somehow they came from different assembly plants...
Yes, I have seen non consecutive (been at it 34 years so not wet behind the ears). And I got just as concerned as you. In one case that stands out, 1/2 of a complete home in storage on a sales lot got damaged beyond repair and the factory made them a new one. Couple of years intervened so big difference in #'s. Same model, same plan, same finish, just mfg'd on different dates.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Perhaps a custom order.

apt20

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I have done one with non consecutive numbers. Documentation provided by owner that one half was damaged in transit to site. Confirmed with dealer. But I also had the data plate, which was corrected as well.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks