• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Cuomo or his staff really understand the nuances and "subtle complexities" in the issues of appraisers, lenders, AMC's, software developers and real estate data collection companies.

If WaMu is getting crappy reports from Eap appraisers then they don't really know whether the value is low, high or just right. It must be frustrating. I also don't think the emails from the VP at eAp expressing concerns over compliance issues concerning OCC, et al, was stating they were worried. I'll bet it was the start of a talking paper on how to deal with WaMu's insistence on using appraisers who wouldn't work as cheap as eAp's stable of clowns. In other words, this is just a business squabble.

When Cuomo's staff was calling/talking to appraisers months ago do you really think that some folks didn't spend more then 5 minutes on the phone??...I am sure that some people spent some time with them...

I spent 15 minutes with the person explaining about fee split appraisers and the guy was like a sponge, trying to learn as much as I would give him...

I would bet that they, along with many others are some of those ""GUESTS" that show up on the number of folks reading the Forum #'s

Presently 76 members and 78 Guests..

Last edited:
Maybe the AG studied nuance while he was Secretary of HUD.

When Cuomo's staff was calling/talking to appraisers months ago do you really think that some folks didn't spend more then 5 minutes on the phone??...I am sure that some people spent some time with them...

I spent 15 minutes with the person explaining about fee split appraisers and the guy was like a sponge, trying to learn as much as I would give him...

I spoke with a NY ag assistant attorney also. I did not spend 5 minutes, it was much more and I could tell he was taking serious notes. These(eppraiseit) b_stards went after one of my friends. I am a loyal friend.

There is no doubt that this is beyond the point of recovery. NY AG will not lose this case. Unless of course witness's start disappearing!

What lender would go near eappraiseit now! They are equivalent to a registered sexual predator.

Cuomo's office is challenging the Feds to do their jobs. Many of us spent much more than 5 minutes, some numerous times, communicating with the NY AG. They seriously learned all about it and those emails in the suit are just a tiny peek at the evidence they have.

eAppraiseIT, WAMU, and LSI... and a whole lot of appraisers, will need to come up with something much better than the weak blustering denials the e and W have vomited out so far.

I look back now and understand much more. An appraisal I had done three years ago for WAMU, was reordered by LSI at the start of the change over a year an a half ago. I call LSI and gave them a heads up that the subject was under construction still. The order was pulled, four days later I get an order to review the new appraisal that was done. Call LSI and told the wig big that they had pulled this on the original order, nothing had changed and they were getting a review in that showed that the appraiser had noted the subject completed, as is, with inflated value. I waited and waited for a check, call LSI and was told on this one and a few others there would be no check coming because it took me to long to get the reports in. That I was now off the approved list in this area. Soon all my review work dried up from LSI. All of the review work they were sending had inflated values. I did list a couple of these with Fraud Hot Line Web Site.

I still have not been paid on them. I get a full fee order once in a blue moon from LSI. But nothing like it use to be for the A paper loans. B & C went down the tubes. Good thing I guess.

But now in retro spec, I can see when the changes started taking place.

By the way I did send a letter to the state about the appraiser, but have never heard anything back.

Last edited:
It seems that the sharks are circling already. This is going to get really ugly.
http://www.hbsslaw.com/wm.htm;jsessionid=aCM5mTiciaJ4

HBSS is investigating the filing of a class-action lawsuit in Seattle, headquarters of Washington Mutual, seeking proper appraisals, restitution for overpayment and damages for those affected if the allegations prove true.

I don't think Cuomo or his staff really understand the nuances and "subtle complexities" in the issues of appraisers, lenders, AMC's, software developers and real estate data collection companies.

If WaMu is getting crappy reports from Eap appraisers then they don't really know whether the value is low, high or just right. It must be frustrating. I also don't think the emails from the VP at eAp expressing concerns over compliance issues concerning OCC, et al, was stating they were worried. I'll bet it was the start of a talking paper on how to deal with WaMu's insistence on using appraisers who wouldn't work as cheap as eAp's stable of clowns. In other words, this is just a business squabble.

Quite to the Contrary. I assure you - they UNDERSTAND. More news this upcoming Wed - second Press Conference in NYC.

Cuomo's office is challenging the Feds to do their jobs. Many of us spent much more than 5 minutes, some numerous times, communicating with the NY AG. They seriously learned all about it and those emails in the suit are just a tiny peek at the evidence they have.

eAppraiseIT, WAMU, and LSI... and a whole lot of appraisers, will need to come up with something much better than the weak blustering denials the e and W have vomited out so far.

Pam - pls check ur privt.msg. and email.:)

I look back now and understand much more. An appraisal I had done three years ago for WAMU, was reordered by LSI at the start of the change over a year an a half ago. I call LSI and gave them a heads up that the subject was under construction still. The order was pulled, four days later I get an order to review the new appraisal that was done. Call LSI and told the wig big that they had pulled this on the original order, nothing had changed and they were getting a review in that showed that the appraiser had noted the subject completed, as is, with inflated value. I waited and waited for a check, call LSI and was told on this one and a few others there would be no check coming because it took me to long to get the reports in. That I was now off the approved list in this area. Soon all my review work dried up from LSI. All of the review work they were sending had inflated values. I did list a couple of these with Fraud Hot Line Web Site.

I still have not been paid on them. I get a full fee order once in a blue moon from LSI. But nothing like it use to be for the A paper loans. B & C went down the tubes. Good thing I guess.

But now in retro spec, I can see when the changes started taking place.

By the way I did send a letter to the state about the appraiser, but have never heard anything back.
Doesn't RICCO make sense now. All whom are involved with First American........well they know.......... Where was our supposed organizations? Other than just giving lip service to congress! You can forget them. It took ONE! LISTEN Folks,............ ONE! "Good" Appraiser out of Florida to make a difference and a Forum like this that allowed us not to sugar coat the truth. This is our voice and our organization. It may be the only one that has any true voice and really makes a difference.

This investigation may go Real Deep, and I hope it does, to where designations will mean nothing. I have suffered damages, as others, because of this crap, and if you do not understand the puzzle pieces, GET OUT!

Last edited:

An example for those who don't see the connecting dots... This is an email I received. Of course I said "no" to the order. But... the connection is there I can see it and so should everyone else.

Dear Reviewer/Appraiser:

I know you just completed a field review on this subject property. WXXu placed an order today with an increase in value to $4.7m with different comps. Please confirm a fee and turn time to complete this as a field review.

Thank you,

zzz | LXX, WXXU Reviews | zzz, A XXXelity XXXonal InfoXXX ServXXX CXXXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back