• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Brad(d) Ellis and Rich Heyn--how about that hearsay? What say you--is that post opinion or fact? Or worthy hearsay that could lead to more discovery that could result in fact or fiction?

Please tell us what the courts will do.

popcorn.gif

Cool. And I would probably feel like you if they had taken my business. I'm just not convinced from what I read that the number of dirty appraisers is as high on that list as some of you guys think. But, I really do like the idea of dirty appraisers getting a little nervous.

:beer:
No, not really, it's more on the exposure of what we have been talking about on this forum for years. If that is one oft the dynamic of the exposure, then so be it, there is more to this than some preferred appraisers on a list. Do you really think this is all about a list? There are appraisal lists all over the lending industry.

No, not really, it's more on the exposure of what we have been talking about on this forum for years. If that is one oft the dynamic of the exposure, then so be it, there is more to this than some preferred appraisers on a list. Do you really think this is all about a list? There are appraisal lists all over the lending industry.

No, not really what? I'm not actually sure what that means in relation to what I posted. :unsure:

I was discussing a comment about turning in anyone on a preferred list.

No, not really what? I'm not actually sure what that means in relation to what I posted. :unsure:

I was discussing a comment about turning in anyone on a preferred list.
This is not about exposing "A List", that's just one of the dynamics of the ugly issue of what E-Pressure-It has done and many others have done, also. And you know what? If you think this is a witch hunt, Well, if I remember correctly, there are good witches in the land of OZ. At this point, every appraiser is considered a Witch!....... Now!......... the question is!....... do you have a flying monkey under that dress? and what broom-stick you use?

Last edited:
I love how the AMC's markets themselves as "an extra layer of insulation to protect the bank". Explain that one again to WAMU when they have to go to court for all the class action suits that are going to pop up. The screen around my porch offers more insulation. Might be time to change the marketing campaign. I recommend "We guarantee when you press us for values we will gladly roll over. When we are caught we will still speak highly of your institutions in our press releases."

I love how the AMC's markets themselves as "an extra layer of insulation to protect the bank". Explain that one again to WAMU when they have to go to court for all the class action suits that are going to pop up. The screen around my porch offers more insulation. Might be time to change the marketing campaign. I recommend "We guarantee when you press us for values we will gladly roll over. When we are caught we will still speak highly of your institutions in our press releases."
They convinced Capital One Bank/Hibernia Bank (TransUnion) of their virtues and qualities and just ruined relationships and high quality appraisal rotations. TOO THIS DAY! many are suffering because of TransUnion. It is still all about the fast and the Furious, but they keep telling me that Chase, BoA, and CapOne are wanting it FAST! You know what? I know CapOne folks (Hibernia Bank), they HATE Transunion, I believe them, they want quality. Mr Cuomo give me a call. Because I want to be able to do my job with due diligence with as many other appraisers,.... But I can not, as many others, because they keep badgering us to "G-R-DUN" and because we do not comply, they have their "GOOD LIST" (accidently) of appraisers, what ever that means. So much for quality control and only explains why I get the far away stuff. Who is in their Houston Preferred list? NOT ME, if it is based on low fees or if the TU phone monkey can get to lower the appraisers fees for a their bonus. Also, the processors get reprimanded if they hike up the appraiser fees and get dinged on the turn time. I am not sure if that is a TU thing or a Banks thing? BoA, Chase, CapONe, are these your policies?............. please do not put me on a black list for asking. I'm just trying to follow USPAP and FNMA, but they keep telling that does not matter, what matters is how fast. Is that true? :shrug: IndyMac never pressures me for turn time and they give me plenty of time, very professional appraisal department folks.

Last edited:
Hey Brad(d) Ellis and Rich Heyn--how about that hearsay? What say you--is that post opinion or fact? Or worthy hearsay that could lead to more discovery that could result in fact or fiction?

Regarding my post. It is fact! There was constant pressure regarding WAMU orders. It all ended for me a few months after eA took on WAMU cause I told them the WAMU needed to use their preferred appraiser since I obviously
was making them so unhappy and was not going to change the way I did things to make them happy.`

Another thought, maybe the appraisal profession should look at civil engineers, surveyors and accountants and their licensing procedures

Don't fool yourself. Every industry has their issues. Every industry has the 10 percenters that sell out to the devil and cause all of us to look like the bad guy. We are just in the spot light right now. Perhaps we have more than 10% too.

First Am "Quantrix" for Chase.

Finiti, is I believe, as well, some sort of "child" or niece, nephew, cousin, etc. of Epraiseit...

Its all very convenient and interesting that Cumo isn't going after WAMU for supposedly, lack of jurisdiction, or is was it, of evidence ala smoking gun. I have always marveled at the insulation provided to the lender as they use a 3rd party intermediary to do their nasty work. Kinda like what a pimp does.

Wamu gets to feing ingnorance and shock at the situation. Drops epraize it and moves to the next AMC? Joey.....must be so excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce Potts

:new_popcornsmiley::drinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back