• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction

Pam,

Thanks. It could get even more interesting shortly.

Per my post to Denis, I am wondering why WAMU was not included? I am wondering why LSI was not included?

Do you know or have a theory you can share?

Brad

WAMU is a Federally chartered institution under FDIC/OTS supervision and regulation.

It's a standard.
The one I use is from GeoTrust.

CP... Nice find!!, have thought about adding a certificate to my reports, since I know "locking" PDF files is almost worthless.

Do you also add language -say on Pg.1 of URAR - noting that the report
is invalid if certificate is missing, or if the certificate reveals report has been changed??

Pricey at $585 :huh:

Yes, I add language regarding the certificate. While I'll agree it is a bit pricey, it works automatically when opened in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. The initial term of the certificate is 3 years. There are cheaper (and more expensive) solutions out there, especially if one does a low volume.

I think Appraisal Sentry may be the best solution I've seen because it works with both electronic an paper copies of the report.

Lawyers already pouncing! Sadly, in these types of suits, the only ones that come out on top are the lawyers....

Excuse me. I'd say the billions of dollars realized by the lenders wasn't too shabby.

Lawyers already pouncing! Sadly, in these types of suits, the only ones that come out on top are the lawyers....

and Ethical Appraisers providing totally independent Forensic Consulting and Appraisal Services...... :) :icon_idea:

i would be looking over my shoulder if i was one of those "proven appraisers" that wamu demanded be used......wonder if the AG office will be turning those names and their crap appraisals over to DOS to investigate?

I hope so, Jo! Need help reviewing? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back