• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NY, FirstAM & WaMu article

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the other guys?

I know Eapit FINALLY has been exposed for the extortionists they have always been. What about the "other AMC"???

This is like dealing with the most two powerful "families" in a gangsta movie. :new_2gunsfiring_v1: The one laying low... keeping quite for the time. LXI... Who will finally expose them for their pressure tactics?? In house reviewers (who replaced the independent reviewers WaMu once contracted)??? Just one more layer to peel off.

Please let us not take our eye off the ball now... there is more crap out there to deal with.

Just Friday... Received an engagement letter from leading LXI for a "new" review position. Salary $30K +/- plus per file commission (work from home) anywhere in the country!!! Is WaMu now going to pass off all those Eapit appraisals to the LXI "staff reviewers" ??? IMO they are all in this together!

Last edited:
<snipped> Received an engagement letter from leading LXI for a "new" review position. Salary $30K +/- plus per file commission (work from home) anywhere in the country! <snipped>
SOBs....
You can have it Fast, Cheap, or Right. Pick any two.

How would you do reviews outside of your area? No access to MLS. Would you be geographically competent? Of course eappraiseit has reports reviewed in India, or Pakistan or Bangladesh. I am not sure someone from the subcontinent knows enough to review an Albuquerque north vally appraisal.

Another question I have is what is going to happen to those appraisers approved by WAMU? Is that list going to get produced and forwarded to the appropriate state agency?

I think their definition of review is different than ours. I know some people (trainees) that were doing "reviews" locally. It basically ended up being just a checklist they used.

I would be curious what their "review" consisted of.

DaveT in NC

& Reviews

Hello.. Yes, Hello! Yes!, This is Pradeesh,
Hello to you!
I am having an order from your Lender to make a Virtual Driveby BPO and also the Review, as they are calling it, on your Residence.
Yes, I am looking at your property via the Internet.
I am visualizing it with the Google Earth.
It is a very nice property I am seeing, much nicer than the street sleeping areas in Bombay to be sure.
Can you tell me if the water is running in your home?
Yes, and is there the furnace?
Yes, and is that using the coal, the gas, the dung, the oil, the wood, the propane, the electricity, or the Other as for burning?
The house is having a bedroom more than 1 ?
Yes, and how many?
Yes, 5 bedroom. ………..
And if you are to be selling the house in the near future, how many dollars are you asking, so I am knowing how much to approve the Loans?
Thank You so much, I am knowing all I need currently today. Good buy.
--- Electronic Values Inc. Yur Hometown AMC !
- - - - - Coming soon in 2008: Virtual Appraisals & Reviews

Last edited:
Strange thing Riick. Your post is hilarious, but somehow I can't laugh at it. :shrug:

I don't think I'm losing my sense of humor, so it must be that horrible feeling that some out there are already using the procedure, Pradeesh is a real person and the conversation is an actual transcript.:new_all_coholic:

Pradeesh is a real person and the conversation is an actual transcript.
It wouldn't be hard to convince me.

What is it about this Appraisal slash Review business anyway? I mean, it used to be that there were 3 things. An APPRAISAL which required someone locally with a license or cert to appraise a property. A REVIEW was something that someone else locally with a license, etc. did to a real APPRAISAL. An EVALUATION, otoh, was done by a Bank employee who wasn't licensed. He was not REVIEWING anything, He was not some contractor from Timbuktu. Comp checks, desktops done in India, Reviews by trainees and out-of-staters didn't exist. Anyone doing a review from a distance was an UNDERWRITER.

Hello.. Yes, Hello! Yes!, This is Pradeesh,
Hello to you!
I am having an order from your Lender to make a Virtual Driveby BPO and also the Review, as they are calling it, on your Residence.
Yes, I am looking at your property via the Internet.
I am visualizing it with the Google Earth.
It is a very nice property I am seeing, much nicer than the street sleeping areas in Bombay to be sure.
Can you tell me if the water is running in your home?
Yes, and is there the furnace?
Yes, and is that using the coal, the gas, the dung, the oil, the wood, the propane, the electricity, or the Other as for burning?
The house is having a bedroom more than 1 ?
Yes, and how many?
Yes, 5 bedroom. ………..
And if you are to be selling the house in the near future, how many dollars are you asking, so I am knowing how much to approve the Loans?
Thank You so much, I am knowing all I need currently today. Good buy.
--- Electronic Values Inc. Yur Hometown AMC !
- - - - - Coming soon in 2008: Virtual Appraisals & Reviews

Your guy's name is Pradeesh? That's weird; any time I call Dell or hp support out of New Delhi, the tech support guys always have names like Frank, David or Adam. :shrug:

:rof: :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back