• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Oy, vey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison Swain

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Here's a daily dose:

"The value came in at $228k vs $230k that was requested. Is there any way you can bring in $2k more?" :Eyecrazy:

m2: :new_all_coholic:

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
It's only a number to you but it's his yield spread to him. And Christmas is only two weeks off.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
8/10 of 1% is well within a statistical margin of error. Round to the nearest $10K and get on with life. I don't think I'm good enough to pinpoint a value to within $2K, or anyone else for that matter.

George W Dodd

Professional Status
State
Virginia
Depends, doesn't it. What's your indicated value range. Did you go to a midpoint or rely on the indication of the best comp?
It's your judgement supported by the data. Call it like it is and move on.

Tudor

Professional Status
State
Arizona
8/10 of 1% is well within a statistical margin of error. Round to the nearest $10K and get on with life. I don't think I'm good enough to pinpoint a value to within $2K, or anyone else for that matter.

The value is what it is. Requesting the appraisal to come in at a certain amount has to stop, period, no matter how small the number is or how small of a percentage it is.

Why can't they just do the loan at whatever amount they want, they know what it is worth and now they can calculate the risk accurately. Why do they always need the appraisal to be at a certain number?

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Miss Alison, your just a trouble maker for that poor hungry broker!!! :rof:

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
If the value range was between 220 & 228, then 230 would be a little high, wouldn't it.

228 is probably already a stretch :laugh:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Think of the children, waking up on Christmas morning, and the littlest one proclaiming "God bless us, every one, except that bee-ach appraiser that couldn't push a little harder just so the MB could make the payments on his Lexus, and we could get the latest X-Box and Wii, so we aren't ostracized at school becuase my Skeechers are so last month, and mom might not be able to pay the cell phone bill on my razor, and my i-tunes account is about to go into the red...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks