• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

PCV Murcor request: would you comply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ockyappraiser

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
In completing an REO report for PCV Mucor I noticed that they require full MLS single page printouts on each sale used and each listing. Further, they require I run a CMA Report and attach it as part of the appraisal report.

I have asked our state board before about CMA reports. Their position is that if an appraiser does the report, as an appraiser, it is an appraisal. All condition apply.

Would that not be a second appraisal contained within an appraiasal?

I have never had this request in over 3000 appraisal assignments. I also do not, as a policy, provide MLS documentation as I have had this request only one other time. It was from a lender that did not want to spend the money for MLS data themselves.

What would you do?

kimcha

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Utah
I had this same request from someone. I sent them a note telling them it was, and is, our local MLS policy that I not give anyone copies of the raw data sheets. I also told them I don't even know what a CMA is, or how to produce one, as that is something a realtor does.
I didn't get any flack back from them, so I guess it was acceptable.

Mike Phillips

Professional Status
State
Florida
Comply? Absolutely not.

MLS listings are confidential - period. You could give them a "non-member printout" if your board allows. Furthermore, a CMA is a subset of an appraisal. A CMA should be done as part of every appraisal. But I'll not provide a formal CMA. It could be copied/detached, and communicated to another entity as a stand-alone document.

All appraisers are going to have to take a stand at some point, sooner or later.

jtinmichigan

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Non member printouts are o.k. with my MLS, I have no problem with that as it does not violate my boards rules. As far as a CMA, I agree with Mike that it is a subset (i.e. the Sales Comparison Approach) of an appraisal.

You could of course do the CMA with the exact same comps as your Sales Comparison, that'd be a hoot!!! Of course noting in it that it is performed as part of the Appraisal and Report, dated________________ for___client________for________intended use____ and may not be taken or used out of that context......blah, blah, blah.............

But really, do you want that hassle? I wouldn't. Take a stand now, or take the stand later.............

Last edited:

444nutman

Professional Status
State
Florida
I had that request once and it is against my MLS's rules. I copied and pasted the bylaws and sent it to them. There response is you are the only appraiser that will not do it. I asked for the names of the ones that do, so I can report them. They did not give me the names or anymore work. No loss!
Tell them the CMA is an extra $300. They will drop that request in a hurry.

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
State
California
PCV/Murcor is an AMC, and I doubt that they would have requested this on their own.
It's probably a new Citibank requirement, since Citi is the lion's share of their business.

kimcha

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Utah
Maybe they are looking for raw data for their AVM database. You know the one that someone in India is putting together for them? (Just speculation here on my part.)

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
State
Florida
NO--No way

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
All of our MLS's have a "customer printout" feature. I'd have no problem giving them that, as that's what it was designed for.

ockyappraiser

Professional Status
State
Kentucky
"All of our MLS's have a "customer printout" feature. I'd have no problem giving them that, as that's what it was designed for."

Part of the problem here is the definition of "customer". Our realtor board requires membership to access the MLS and restricts the reports to member, buyers and sellers. Third parties such as lenders are supposed to subscribe if they want MLS data.

I think that if you ask any MLS board they would tell you that the info is not intended to give to lenders to save them the fee of joining and getting it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks