• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pre-Set Appointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steer

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maine
Hey all,

Anyone getting these rediculous requests for pre-set appointment times?
They all seem to be in the most rural of my areas. My territory is large, but not quite as large as Ray's.

Funny thing is that when I call the HO, they usually don't care when I come out to inspect.

Every once in a while I when I have exhausted every other option for an inspection time, and have asked if a famlily member or neighbor could be available, I'll finally tell a home owner that I wasn't the one who applied for the loan and they need to make a certain time availale for me. That usually gets 'em good and ornary! hehe

Charles Witt

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
No one sets my appointments but me! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

xmtpedprl

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Heck no, no way, I need to take the pulse of that owner, top to bottom. Set times are ticking time bombs!

Dave...

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Hey all,

Anyone getting these rediculous requests for pre-set appointment times?
They all seem to be in the most rural of my areas. My territory is large, but not quite as large as Ray's.

Funny thing is that when I call the HO, they usually don't care when I come out to inspect.

Every once in a while I when I have exhausted every other option for an inspection time, and have asked if a famlily member or neighbor could be available, I'll finally tell a home owner that I wasn't the one who applied for the loan and they need to make a certain time availale for me. That usually gets 'em good and ornary! hehe

And yet they will accept a 6-hour window of time wherein a guy may or may not show up to hook up their cable TV. :shrug:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I set my own times so I can work it into “my” schedule. I try and work it into a route that will cover all the different types of jobs I might have in that area that day. This is to save on the cost of gas, going back over the same miles for different things. How ever I notice that the “roaches” tend to run all over the place when the lights are turned on for an appointment.

No “dung beetle” is going to set my appointment to help me roll their manure around. It is a race for them, because they fear another “dung beetle” will fling more manure and get the loan out from under them.

woohoo:shrug:woohoo​

woodyva

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
I had one broker I worked with that insisted on doing this. By the third no show, i stopped allowing it. He finally gave up when I told him that every no show was a hundred dollar charge. They worked with appraisers that would wait 4-5 days to call after getting an order. While I understood his problems, I talked him into doing what was best for us all. The relationship actually worked out to where he tyought of us being his best appraiser. Even when values came in low, he would still respect us and let us do our job.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I had one broker I worked with that insisted on doing this. By the third no show, i stopped allowing it. He finally gave up when I told him that every no show was a hundred dollar charge. They worked with appraisers that would wait 4-5 days to call after getting an order. While I understood his problems, I talked him into doing what was best for us all. The relationship actually worked out to where he tyought of us being his best appraiser. Even when values came in low, he would still respect us and let us do our job.

So he didn't mind you being a day late and a dollar short?:)

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
They can pre-set my appointments when they make me an employee, give me a company car, benefits, and paid vacation.

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
They can pre-set my appointments when they make me an employee, give me a company car, benefits, and paid vacation.
Exactly, and as I recall that is one of the IRSs criteria for determining an employee. At least it is in a California EDD ruling. It was one of the things that saved me about 15 years ago. No setting of appointments.

woodyva

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
So he didn't mind you being a day late and a dollar short?:)

he did try to go and use another appraiser once or twice when we were lower then he wanted, but found out customer service was not something many appraisers are known for. He let us be for the most part. we normally were turning them in faster than most of the peers locally, so we could get them to closing as he saw fit. Many of the guys here take a long time to contact borrowers. We call the day we get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks