Stone
Elite Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2002
- Professional Status
- Certified General Appraiser
- State
- Wisconsin
Well said, Dee Dee.
One thing to add: many appraisers simply do not want to train anyone because they got into the field to work alone in the first place. I am a big believer that I should train someone, one day, to pay back the people who helped my on my way. However, that will be someone with whom I already have an existing relationship, i.e. relative or reasonably close friend. I am not going to spend time and effort training someone who I do not know, even if it would mean more money down the road. I work out of my house, at odd hours, and will not give that freedom up to train a stranger. Sorry.
One thing to add: many appraisers simply do not want to train anyone because they got into the field to work alone in the first place. I am a big believer that I should train someone, one day, to pay back the people who helped my on my way. However, that will be someone with whom I already have an existing relationship, i.e. relative or reasonably close friend. I am not going to spend time and effort training someone who I do not know, even if it would mean more money down the road. I work out of my house, at odd hours, and will not give that freedom up to train a stranger. Sorry.