• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Racial Bias Claims Without Proof or Logic

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Interesting;
Real estate appraisers play an undisputedly important role in real estate development and financing central to taxpayer protection, safety and soundness of financial institutions and the protection of consumers.

Great support for appraisers to be 100% Independent of any outside influences ( reviews, unless appropriately supported)

cstu11

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
I think it's naive to think that there are not white appraisers who intentionally value the property of Black homeowners lower than they would white homeowners.

That said, I highly doubt it's as prevalent as Brookings claims.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I think it's naive to think that there are not white appraisers who intentionally value the property of Black homeowners lower than they would white homeowners.
I cannot imagine a circumstance where that exists. It would certainly have to be a lot more racist an area than north Arkansas...maybe somewhere like Boston or N. Louisiana...
I wonder if if the owners are a mixed race couple do they only decrease the value by half what they would if both were black? What about Hmong or Hispanics? Jay, Oklahoma is half native American, 10% Hispanic and 25% white....hmm. I wonder if the whites get discriminated against? And that cute little Hispanic chick that sends me all that work from one of my bank customers. I bet she gives the really easy jobs to someone else...

Last edited:

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I will refrain because I am on Head Surfers -Penalty Box- Target and That is nor said in disrespect , I don't know what I can say in this situation and I do not want to be removed .

Tom4value

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts

That said, I highly doubt it's as prevalent as Brookings claims.

Speak for yourself!
My fee is the same no matter what the race of the owner.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I will refrain because I am on Head Surfers -Penalty Box- Target and That is nor said in disrespect , I don't know what I can say in this situation and I do not want to be removed .

Big baby....
30 days fly by....

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
maybe just maybe the original appraiser received a ROV and lowered their appraisal.

every detail of this lie should be exposed. they want to open doors but do not want you to see inside.

anyways, why is a personal property appraiser the chair of BOT?

oh never mind.

:rof: :rof: :rof:

Reactions: DTB
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks