• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

"Return of Appraiser" document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Barsky

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Hi everyone, I'm just starting to do some foreclosure appraisal work here in Connecticut. The attorneys are requesting that I submit a notarized "Return of Appraiser" document along with my appraisal. Can anyone tell me what this is, how to draft it, etc?
Thanks,
Sean

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Sounds like a sequel to "Star Wars". I've never heard of anything like that in 22 years.

dobie

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Never heard of it.

Why don't you ask the attorney requesting it.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I think Michael J. Fox had one of those in Back To The Future.

Otis Key

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Hi everyone, I'm just starting to do some foreclosure appraisal work here in Connecticut. The attorneys are requesting that I submit a notarized "Return of Appraiser" document along with my appraisal. Can anyone tell me what this is, how to draft it, etc?
Thanks,
Sean
Must be slow for lawyers - ask them!

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
In Connecticut

Thanks,
Sean

It is the appraisal to be used in Connecticut foreclosure proceedings. This is the procedure:

When submitting the committee motions and supporting documentation to the court, the committee should ensure
that the following items are included:
the original witnessed and executed deed (including attached legal description).
the executed bond for deed. The court needs to read the contract between the parties; the bond for deed determines
the sale price and who will take title to the property. Please be advised that a bond for deed needs to
be submitted even in situations in which the plaintiff is the successful bidder by fax bid (see Bridgeport Foreclosure
Standing Order #1.1).
the return of appraiser. The court needs the appraisal in order to determine the sufficiency of the successful bid.
The return of appraiser must be made at least seven days prior to the sale date [see Foreclosure by Sale,
Standing Orders (JD-CV-79)].

Another successful night spent at the Holiday Inn Express

Doug

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Another successful night spent at the Holiday Inn Express
Gosh, you must be rich and smart, too. I have to stay in Sinbad Patel's Pastel Palace when I travel...

JT1974

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Gosh, you must be rich and smart, too. I have to stay in Sinbad Patel's Pastel Palace when I travel...

I was told that Patel is Indian for "hotel owner". Either that's true or it's just the greatest coincidence of the century because almost every hotel sale I've ever seen was Mr. Patel selling to Mr. Patel. Anyone else notice that trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks