• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Turn times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
My sister just finished her refinance with a national lender. Appraisal was typical AMC boilerplate garbage done by a newbie. From application to closing, two and a half months. Glad skippy got the appraisal done in 24 hours. What a joke.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
My sister just finished her refinance with a national lender. Appraisal was typical AMC boilerplate garbage done by a newbie. From application to closing, two and a half months. Glad skippy got the appraisal done in 24 hours. What a joke.

They need the 24 hour-turn time, because they have to allow for 6 weeks worth of stips.:)

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
The appraiser is expected to be instantateous. Everyone else sets their own schedule.....so who is the pi$$ing post and who holds the whip? Appraisers are not treated like professionals because most don't act like professionals. Anyone offering 24 hour turnaround time is not anticipating any delay whatsoever and has to be ignoring data or short circuiting the vetting process to comply. You are more likely to make a mistake, miss a significant item, or inadequately research an item under the stress of rapid turnaround. It shows in a lot of the reports I see.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York

Did the skippy supervisor also inspect? It's almost a certainty on < 24 hour reports.

PS. Terrel, your sig is funny! It's not just rednecks though.

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The future is here now.... In a recent conversation, I found myself out witted by a bunch of banchies, that insisted that they were able to get these reports out in 24-48hrs with no problem and that I was just to slow or putting to much into my reports. The law is 24-48 hrs, or no soup for you.

xmtpedprl

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
You know, and with all due respect, provided the Assessor is accessible by phone or on-line, and the zoning people answer their phones and your questions, 24 hour turns times are easily achieved in many areas.

Granted, there may be issues with that report, but the turn time isn't one of them. I make excellent reports in one day, only rural jobs hold me out longer than that.

Dave...

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
It just took me four days to get the information back from on of the township on an appraisal I am working on. So much for the 24 hours, guess I could have gussed but I would have been really wrong. So what, no one cares, do they??

Jimmy L Kim

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
It usually takes me about 24 hour or more just to track down and get all the concession info from brokers.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
You know, and with all due respect, provided the Assessor is accessible by phone or on-line, and the zoning people answer their phones and your questions, 24 hour turns times are easily achieved in many areas.

Granted, there may be issues with that report, but the turn time isn't one of them. I make excellent reports in one day, only rural jobs hold me out longer than that.

Dave...

A good job can be had with 24 hour turnaround when you can put the entire focus on that one report. That is not the problem. The problem is when each and every order you receive has this turn around, the only way it can be accomplished for every order is to cut a lot of corners and not do the proper amount of research and verification of data.

We all have done the occasional "rush assignment", this is different then all of them being "rushes".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks