• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ValuSignal 2026

are you really going to pay a 197 bucks to the snake oil salesmen and women... :rof:
 
Isn't it funny..... appraisers have to put on their own conference outside of the Appraisal Expo as that has turned into the conference that the grifters attend....
Expo has always been about the 'corporate' crowd. Too expensive for boots on the ground appraisers. Back in the day when George Harrison ran the Appraisal Summit, I think it was more appraiser-centric, but he sold to CoreLogic.
 
The only information I got for this conference was from the link in the OP.

It probably would have been a big selling point to get more attendance had they had a headline on the first page on how to obtain work outside of AMCs.

Isn't it funny..... appraisers have to put on their own conference outside of the Appraisal Expo as that has turned into the conference that the grifters attend....

It's good to see that some appraisers are still trying to keep the professional alive.
He's a first timer starting from scratch, he'll get there. I'm impressed with the number of boots on the ground noob speakers who aren't connected to an org or corp, that's who I'm supporting by signing up.
 
Don't know all of the presenters, but a few would be worth the peek. Brent Bowen is a statistics guru - He's developed LOTS of great tools for market analysis. Andy owns Freedom. Chase is a frequent poster on this forum. Michael Hobbs is just another appraiser like us - albeit on the commercial side. I get, though, that some of the folks on there might dissuade appraisers from being interested in what the good guys have to say.
Michael Hobbs is not an MAI. He misrepresents himself and if you look him up he’s on a certified residential appraiser. He’s had some disciplinary actions against him and yet still pretends to be an MAI.
 
Michael Hobbs is not an MAI. He misrepresents himself and if you look him up he’s on a certified residential appraiser. He’s had some disciplinary actions against him and yet still pretends to be an MAI.
that's weird... The AI website shows him as holding the MAI and SRA designations. What is it that makes you believe he's lying about that?

1788890705040.png
 
that's weird... The AI website shows him as holding the MAI and SRA designations. What is it that makes you believe he's lying about that?

View attachment 111678
The state of Illinois has him as a Certified Residential appraiser NOT a certified general. So how can you have your MAI with AI but only a certified residential with the state?
 
Last edited:
The state of Illinois has him as a Certified Residential appraiser NOT a certified general. So how can you have your MAI with AI but only a certified residential with the state?
Sounds like something you'd take up with AI if you're really that concerned...
 
Sounds like something you'd take up with AI if you're really that concerned...
Maybe AI just allows you to get the letters to use but not convert into a general license and do commercial work.
Maybe I can get my MAI and still be certified residential with my state and use the letters all while being certified residential.
Sorry but if the state says you are certified residential then that’s what you are. Period.

Never seen an MAI not being certified General with the state.

I think any appraiser should be concerned with another appraiser misrepresenting themselves.
 
Maybe AI just allows you to get the letters to use but not convert into a general license and do commercial work.
Maybe I can get my MAI and still be certified residential with my state and use the letters all while being certified residential.
Sorry but if the state says you are certified residential then that’s what you are. Period.

Never seen an MAI not being certified General with the state.

I think any appraiser should be concerned with another appraiser misrepresenting themselves.
Still not sure what he's misrepresented? You are angry that he has 'MAI' behind his name. I looked his name up on the AI website, and they show the same - an 'MAI' and an 'SRA' behind his name. What's he misrepresenting?

Don't know that it would help you, but when I find myself angry at something that I can't change, I try to step away and just breathe. Maybe it'll help you too?
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top