• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Welcome to the new 1004

It seems to me that they have learned from the "AI ready format" debacle and at least are making a good-faith effort to keep the report comprehensible to the average reader. We may have to keep (gasp) "boilerplate" handy for every conceivable flag which might trigger additional reporting requirements, however, given the fact that they're obviously planning to PAY US SUBSTANTIALLY MORE for completing these, I can live with that.
Please advise where it is said appraisers will be paid more? I think we all would like to know where you’re getting your data from.

Whether you provide services for VA, FHA, or F/F - if you use the 1004, you're agreeing to use the definition of market value promulgated on the form, which includes the following: "Any adjustment should not be calculated on a mechanical dollar for dollar cost of the financing or concession but the dollar amount of any adjustment should approximate the market’s reaction to the financing or concessions based on the appraiser’s judgment." To adjust concessions any other way (over what is typical, dollar for dollar, etc.), you're contradicting the agreed definition of market value.

The Chief Appraiser made it clear he didn't want unlicensed Bar Stool Billys doing "Property Data Collection" on their appraisals on one video. After all, active duty Veterans get deployed at times. Most Veterans don't want unlicensed people in their homes when they are overseas around their spouse and children. Most of the review appraisers at my RLC are licensed appraisers. If GSEs are turning in appraisers to the board for adjusting sales concessions incorrectly, then it should be clear what they want the end game to be. Ridiculous.
Please re-read USPAP and the SOW rule regarding assignments conditions.

Please re-read USPAP and the SOW rule regarding assignments conditions.

where does TAF have the authority to make rules and guidelines from a quasi government agency into State laws...you should read the constitution, right george? :ROFLMAO:

where does TAF have the authority to make rules and guidelines from a quasi government agency into State laws...you should read the constitution, right george? :ROFLMAO:
Because they don't have the authority. It is up to the states

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back