• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Welcome to the new 1004

That’s URAR 4.0

One other thing that might occur is that when the GSEs go with this level of SR1 analysis and SR2 detail in their reports the market expectations for non-GSE assignments might also increase to match. I might have to ramp up my own formats even though I don't engage in the GSE pipelines. And not just my 1-4 formats.

How would you like to do a non-GSE assignment on a general purpose form and get called substandard when compared to another appraiser who has used this level of data collection in their assignment?

Appraisers as a group are generally open to change and roll with things pretty well. Better than most professions. Not sure there's been a profession with more change in the last 20 years than this one, and we adapt. So most of us will figure it out. I expect most of the problems coming from the computers and upload systems than I do the appraisers.

How would you like to do a non-GSE assignment on a general purpose form and get called substandard when compared to another appraiser who has used this level of data collection in their assignment?
I would be eager to see the opposing appraiser demonstrate how they arrived at their adjustments for "window surface area".

Appraisers as a group are generally open to change and roll with things pretty well. Better than most professions. Not sure there's been a profession with more change in the last 20 years than this one, and we adapt. So most of us will figure it out. I expect most of the problems coming from the computers and upload systems than I do the appraisers.
I fear that some will start their first report in the new UAD, and copy and paste their "standard text addendum" into the new UAD. :)

A report completed in the new UAD should not have a text addendum, because there are are ample comments fields in every section. Putting the text in the relevant section of the report rather than all together in an addendum is a pretty major shift (for many/most?) from how things have been done for the last 30+ years.

If nothing else, having the comments in the relevant section should eliminate the revision requests that occur now when a report has text but a reviewer or UW cannot find that text in a long addendum.

I would be eager to see the opposing appraiser demonstrate how they arrived at their adjustments for "window surface area".

How are appraisers going to be able to collect some of this data for their comps? If I can't collect that info for my comps there's no point in including that line in my SC grid.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back