• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Where on the grid to make this adjustment?

I have seen where there's just a sink and toilet out in the open in laundry/utility rooms, but at least the room itself had a door. That is too funny. It is much easier in mass appraisal where you just have the number of plumbing fixtures at depreciated cost. I did a new house last week that had 5 bedrooms, 4.2 full baths in 2100 sf. Those upstairs bedrooms were teeny. 2 of the upstairs bathroom doors were next to each other. 2 were en suite, one connecting with a toilet in each dressing area, big luxury bath and another half bath down. At least they're not wasting space with 2 story entrances anymore. Are they designing houses for short term rental now? Potential rooming houses? Do kids clean their own toilets? JK, I know the answer to that one.
1725558075050.png

The red carpet is in the bedroom

There wasn't even a door way, just wide open. Also, barn doors have their place. If there is not room for a pocket door and the swing of a regular door interfers with function, a barn door works. I put a pair in my bathroom for those reasons. No room to make a pocket door and I was tired of navigating around the swinging doors. But agree, they are not for EVERYTHING.
It's the new homes here that have them. The Farmhouse anesthetic is big here. White and grey everywhere. Maybe a really big barn door, or you can pull the shower curtain around you, haha

No one really cares where on the grid you make that adjustment... if, an adjustment is supported. You may need to provide additional explanatory comments.

It's the new homes here that have them. The Farmhouse anesthetic is big here. White and grey everywhere.
Have a lot of people in this country gone color-blind? I'm so sick of seeing nice, new custom construction homes (the cookie cutters are doing it also) where the paint scheme is black/white/and 50 shades of gray. I'm told that this incredible lack of imagination goes back to some cable TV fixer upper/remodel show. What a pathetic bunch of fad-following people that think this is attractive. In a few years maybe I'll get into house painting when the owners realize how boring and ridiculous this looks.

It seems to flow over to the interiors where the same lack-of-color scheme infests the floors, counter tops, etc. Black and gray are the new burnt orange and avocado shag carpet/appliances that lasted a few years in the '70's. it can't go away fast enough.

The perfect color combination is 80% one color, 20% another color. There is such a thing as being to white. You can internet read up about current color schemes when painting a house.

Have a lot of people in this country gone color-blind? I'm so sick of seeing nice, new custom construction homes (the cookie cutters are doing it also) where the paint scheme is black/white/and 50 shades of gray. I'm told that this incredible lack of imagination goes back to some cable TV fixer upper/remodel show. What a pathetic bunch of fad-following people that think this is attractive. In a few years maybe I'll get into house painting when the owners realize how boring and ridiculous this looks.

It seems to flow over to the interiors where the same lack-of-color scheme infests the floors, counter tops, etc. Black and gray are the new burnt orange and avocado shag carpet/appliances that lasted a few years in the '70's. it can't go away fast enough.
The color that is 'in vogue' has always shifted over time. Not too long ago, green interiors were the thing. Appliances were harvest gold or avocado green. Color trends will shift again. The good news that unless you live under a dictatorial HOA, you can paint your house pretty much any color you want.

Last edited:
The color that is 'in vogue' has always shifted over time.
Agree. My point is that black and white isn't a color scheme, its a lack-of-color scheme, maybe just an indicator of indecision.

Can't wait until this one runs its course.

Agree. My point is that black and white isn't a color scheme, its a lack-of-color scheme, maybe just an indicator of indecision.

Can't wait until this one runs its course.
It used to be beige walls, but now the trend is grey - which is sophisticated in the way that industrial chic is. At some point, tastes will shift again.

Grey is better, at least than the flocked wallpaper or orange shag carpet I still see in some older homes - or avocado green appliances -considered chic at one time.

It used to be beige walls, but now the trend is grey - which is sophisticated in the way that industrial chic is. At some point, tastes will shift again.

Grey is better, at least than the flocked wallpaper or orange shag carpet I still see in some older homes - or avocado green appliances -considered chic at one time.
At least gray is easier to paint over than fuzzy wallpaper.

Don't forget the whole SW theme. Got so tired of pastel cacti and somberos.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back