• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Who Opened The Gates???

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bemis Pownall

dee dee
you know spending money you dont have can be a motivator.
just go for it!

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Mike, that's typical isn't it? The turnaround time they expect doesn't change if one of the panel members goes on vacation, as 2 of ours did here in my state. I think we have 8 on our panel now.

I'm working on a government project tonight. They insist on a 2 week turnaround, which seems reasonable. But, I received 7 assignments all at once, all proposed new construction with the Sq.Ft.Calculator a requirement. Now if I didn't have all the other work......well, then ...But, I'm not complaining...just have to burn the midnight oil for a couple weeks to catch up. :wink: There is a little problem here though. It's 11:10 p.m., I have one appraisal done of the 7, and they must be delivered by 3 p.m. tomorrow. 8O Guess I'll leave here on that note !

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Interesting year. Each month has been better than the last but controllable. Quiet surrounding the 4th of July. Now order really picking up once the temp hits 90+. Of the four "million dollar plus" houses I've ever done, 3 of them have been done this year. Lots of bigger sales and refis still going on.

Looks like the trout fishing will have to be limited again this summer.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
dee dee
you know spending money you dont have can be a motivator.
just go for it!

Agreed. But I've already spent it 8O .
Promised my son that I'd pay for his plane ticket and spending money for college in Europe if he would live at home this summer and get some heavy landscaping done. A clever ploy, designed to spend a little more time with him before he leaves us for a year.
September 1st is coming up quickly, then my baby will be gone. :(

It's best that I stay VERY busy....keeps me from thinking about it. :)

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Ahhh but not to worry Dee Dee, the purse strings can stretch a long way over the Atlantic. :wink: Put little paper cups on the ends so that you two can talk. Hmm, come to think of it, the strings stretch much easier than Dad's wallet. :lol:

But I know what you mean. :D :) :? :( :(

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Dee Dee;

Where is your son going to college in Europe? Sounds exciting!

slacker

Here's a clip off the news wire.

"UPDATE 1-Low U.S. rates stir up demand for loan refinances

10:13am ET (Reuters)

(new throughout)

By Aleksandrs Rozens

NEW YORK, July 17 (Reuters) - More U.S. homeowners rushed to save on borrowing costs last week by slashing monthly loan payments with a mortgage refinancing as rates hit 30-year lows, an industry trade group reported on Wednesday.

The hectic pace of loan refinancing promises to be a balm for an economy smarting from job losses because refinances allow homeowners to squeeze equity out of their homes and save money that could be spent on goods or services, analysts said.

"The average loan size for refinance applications has gone up, implying growth again in the cash-out refinances. People have equity out there to tap," said Douglas Duncan, chief economist at the Mortgage Bankers Association of America (MBA).

The MBA on Wednesday said its widely watched measure of home loan refinances, the MBA refinance index, rose 4.3 percent to 2,729.5 in the week ended July 12.

That gain came in a week that saw the contract rate for 30-year fixed rate loans drop to 6.31 percent - a record low, based on MBA data.

Last year, 30-year loan rates hit 6.37 percent in the Nov. 9 week. And prior to that, rates hit 6.36 percent in the Oct. 2, 1998, week."

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Slacker,

That article probably hits the nail on the head. Let's hope the rates stay down for awhile!

David,
My son will be studying at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, in Hungary. The past two years he has been attending the Colorado School of Mines, and decided that he wanted a change of pace this fall during his junior year. The school in Hungary teaches in 6 languages and is one of the few around the world that CSM will accept their credits toward eventually graduating here in Colo.. He's working on a double major, Mechanical Engineering and Economics.
He's already given me a heads up that he may not come back next summer if there is an internship available at Lotus (the car place), and not to expect him home for Christmas as he intends to snowboard the Alps and discover Europe. No doubt in my mind that he'll have the time of his life and I couldn't be prouder, but I will miss him very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks