• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

why so slow?

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
i visit 50+ sites a day between work and fun and none of them operate anywhere near as slow as this one does. here are some random times from this morning:

clicked on link in my browser favs, 11 seconds later the site starts to load.

in the site, clicked on a forum subsection, 7 seconds later the forum opens.

clicked on a thread, 9 seconds later the thread opens.

this happens every single day on here. i use yahoo, cnn, FNMA, client login sites, gmail, youtube, various forums on various platforms and a myriad of other sites and none of them load as slow as this site does. what gives? why is it the wrost site on the net for load times? i cleared everything (history, cache, cookies) multiple times and nothing speeds this site up. it's kind of ridiculous that a site should operate this slow in today's age of technology.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I am not sure its the site, or maybe the 'ads' loading or its something about the route it takes across the Internet highway. Today its working remarkably fast.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Probably the ads loading. Become a supporter and you won't have that problem. Its always nice and fast for me.

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
And then use a different browser for here because it is slow for me despite the banner when I use my regular browser which has several ad blockers. So a different browser without the ad blockers for here only.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
And then use a different browser for here because it is slow for me despite the banner when I use my regular browser which has several ad blockers. So a different browser without the ad blockers for here only.
ad blockers don't seem to make a difference. i have tried it with both firefox and chrome, with and without blockers, and get the same results. it takes around 5-7 second for anything to happen in any browser, even quoting your message.

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
The subscription, as Tom mentioned, exempts the user from ads. With a subscription + no ad blocker, it is faster.

You can't see it because you are not wearing a nice gold or green sash. :leeann2:

That said, it is faster but not super fast.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks