• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Wintotal's shamelessself-promotion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George W Dodd

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Just got the most recent update and noticed that an "advertisement" has been inserted into the EDI email function :evil:

This report was delivered to you through the Mercury Network. Visit http://www.alamode.com/fastappraisals to learn how being a network member will simplify your workflow and reduce turnaround times.

How do I remove this :!:

George W Dodd

Professional Status
State
Virginia
But why should I have to spend extra time deleting something that should not be there in the first place :?:

slacker

<span style='color:blue'>I can just imagine where this is going.

In the near future your client will probably get the same message when you send your report through Wintotal EDI.

The format will probably be set up like an NFL half-time report.

Client opens your e-mail and the first thing they see is:

"This Appraisal Brought To You By Wintotal EDI And The Mercury Network!!</span>

BradEaton

Freshman Member
I like the football style add idea :wink:

Seriously though... A few people have taken this wrong and I'd like to set things straight. Our intention with this message was to let your lender customers know about the new electronic ordering options for you guys.

The initial beta testers for this did not raise any red flags with us about the wording but we have decided to change it to make the message even more effective for you. In the next update of WinTOTAL we will be enhancing things even further and that "optional" message will carry with it the ability for lenders to simply click a link to start an order with you. You're already selected as the appraiser with much of the required information for an order already filled out. That saves time for the lender. And, makes you look good in the process.

If in the process of streamlining your order and delivery process, we wind up also "promoting" our interest in the Mercury Network, I hope that's OK with you guys. I could go on and on about other features and benefits but don’t want to turn this post into a commercial. :)

Sorry there has been any misunderstanding about this.

Thanks,
Brad

George W Dodd

Professional Status
State
Virginia
Brad said:

If in the process of streamlining your order and delivery process, we wind up also "promoting" our interest in the Mercury Network, I hope that's OK with you guys. I could go on and on about other features and benefits but don’t want to turn this post into a commercial.

Quite frankly I am not in the business to "promote your interest in the Mercury Network" I don't use it and I'll be dam if I gonna send a link to my clients advertising other vendors (of any sort) :!:

So, either remove this "Ad"; or tell me how to remove it (other than deleting it everytime); or tell me who to send your advertising bill to (rate is $35/day).

BradEaton

Freshman Member
George,

Sorry you didn't get the point I was was making but I won't waste any more of your time. There is a check box on the EDI message its self that says "Include Mercury Information". Uncheck that box and you will no longer be burdened with this.

Thanks,
Brad

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
State
Washington
When I first read this post I thought "another old timer who would rather spend 30 minutes moaning about a problem than 2 minutes fixing it".

I think I owe you an apology George.

I just spent 15 or so minutes testing this deal and even if the box is not checked to include the message, if I dont' delete it every time, it will be what the client reads in the body of the message along with my appriasal attachement. The software defaults to having the blurb there even if the box is not checked.

Why should I have to delete the message every time I am sending a report to my client? Is this shareware? No it's a procuct I have purchased with no agreement to be a pitch man for their other products. I paid about a grand for the software and have been an update subscriber for almost 7 years or so I think. I would think that would entitle me to not having to deal with this type of an issue.

I know it may seem minor to some, but I am rather particular about what my product looks like and I would prefer to not have a software vendor plugging themselves every time I send a report.

Another issue for us to consider; what if my client goes to the "mercury network" (whatever the hell that is) and finds some other appraiser who is on the "mercury network" and decides to give them a try?

This needs to be fixed now!

Rob Bodkin
Freestone Partners

George W Dodd

Professional Status
State
Virginia
Thanks Rob,

I just spent 15 minutes trying to get rid of the dam thing and it won't go away even if I uncheck the box.

What's up with this anyway. :evil: :twisted:

I will let you know if tech support can fix this or if a "update" is needed.

You would think that they would ASK FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks