• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wow! Is anyone out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.J.

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
This forum appears to be dead! Is there anyone doing appraisals in the mountain state?

debbie cale

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
West Virginia
Hello? The answer is yes, things are mostly good here. Do you work in our fair state? It would be great to see some WV posts, I just don't want to talk to myself.

T.J.

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Hello? The answer is yes, things are mostly good here. Do you work in our fair state? It would be great to see some WV posts, I just don't want to talk to myself.
Good to see! The last 2.5 years I've helped my super out in the Wood County area some. Gone with her as a tag along, etc. I just passed my Cert test yesterday for Ohio and am working on getting Reciprocated in WV. I'm wondering how that's going to go though since I had all my apps and stuff in prior to '08, but just took the test. I don't know if they have any "grace period" for situations like that. I'm glad to see someone does roam the WV section and pretty local too!

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
If you are good enough for Ohio, you should be good enough for west.by.god.virginia

T.J.

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
If you are good enough for Ohio, you should be good enough for west.by.god.virginia
That's what I'm sayin! :icon_mrgreen:

I was looking at their requirements and WV required you to have 135 house of classroom work for Cert and Ohio only had 120. If they aren't the same requirements how can they claim to be "reciprocal"? Honestly!

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Hey, I no longer live in WV but was raised there. Can I chat in your forum?

T.J.

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Well, all over kind of. I was raised in Williamson, Man, Parkerburg. Went to WVU as a mucic major. Moved to Logan and became an appraiser. Then moved to Knoxville, TN. Been here for more than 14 years now. Love it.

T.J.

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Well, all over kind of. I was raised in Williamson, Man, Parkerburg. Went to WVU as a mucic major. Moved to Logan and became an appraiser. Then moved to Knoxville, TN. Been here for more than 14 years now. Love it.
Nice! I know Parkersburg like the back of my hand. I grew up in Ripley but spent a lot of trouble making teen years going from Huntington, Charleston, Clarksburg, and Parkersburg. I met a great gal and moved to Ohio. She was well worth it. Anyway I'd be interested in talking to you about Tennessee. My wife and I are planning on visiting Nashville soon (our first time) and if you have any pointers for lame tourists that would be great.

John A Williams

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
I was raised in WVa went to Brooke High in the northern panhanle then to WVU. Moved to ILL after college, I try to go back every year or two. I miss the Cheat Lake area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks