• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Gse's UAD 3.6 Likely Delayed Til Late '27/'28 - (copilot Analysis Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delay or not, the appraisers who start learning the new data requirements now are going to have a serious advantage
when the switch actually happens. The spec isn't changing — just possibly the deadline.
The spec isn't a "problem". It is a pita. The lack of dependable workable software is the problem
 
Delay or not, the appraisers who start learning the new data requirements now are going to have a serious advantage
when the switch actually happens. The spec isn't changing — just possibly the deadline.
BS. That’s the Buzz and AMC sales pitch of selling fear. They have made selling fear an art form in this industry.
 
Delay or not, the appraisers who start learning the new data requirements now are going to have a serious advantage
when the switch actually happens. The spec isn't changing — just possibly the deadline.
If the spec isn't changing, then the brainiacs that came up with this are even dumber than I thought.

But that works for me, because it means that this thing is going to be delayed even longer as the software companies continue to pull their hair out.

So the "double dipping" will continue til 2028. Will keep my wife happy. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: there is a double gap that is shortly going to be at work here. On the one side, you have experienced appraisers who actually understand what they're doing, but who will not be able to get with the newfangled software way of doing things and will retire, and on the other side you have the 20 something green horns who might be able to pick up the software end of it quickly but don't have a clue as to what they're doing.

Bridging that gap in the short term ie having people who know what they're doing and can learn the software, will be impossible - ergo - massive delay in retiring the old system, versus completely crashing the entire mortgage lending market. I don't think I need to tell you which way that's going to go. ;)
 
Last edited:
:rof: These guys aren't going to admit any possible delay until the day before. Have you seen these people on linkedin or happen to listen to any of them speak at conferences? We're talking about some men with massive egos here. Way too soon to delay anything.

But how is this even a debate? I haven't heard of 1 new software form that's functioning properly yet. I'm not about to waste my valuable time testing **** for free for the gses. All I read about are horror stories on FB and linkedin.
 
:rof: These guys aren't going to admit any possible delay until the day before.
I don't disagree with that. It seems F/F are the only ones interested in making this happen, so they're gonna keep pressuring the lenders, forms providers, and OMS providers to get with it. I think the general consensus is that appraisers will fall in line when forced. And they're probably not wrong.
 
The software boys and AMC cucks are now stating in podcasts that we should expect 50% lender 3.6 adoption in April 2026 with FHA jumping on board by August.
 
:rof: These guys aren't going to admit any possible delay until the day before. Have you seen these people on linkedin or happen to listen to any of them speak at conferences? We're talking about some men with massive egos here. Way too soon to delay anything.

But how is this even a debate? I haven't heard of 1 new software form that's functioning properly yet. I'm not about to waste my valuable time testing **** for free for the gses. All I read about are horror stories on FB and linkedin.
Although the lickspittle software vendors and Buzz people appear to be super cheerleaders, I have to wonder what's going to happen to the ones that don't get asked to the prom. I anticipate some major anger when competitors get selected over them when the game of musical chairs ends. It will be great fun to see a few of them become unhinged and post in here about how they participated in the Fannie Mae walk of shame, but didn't get any booty, although they probably gave it. :cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top