• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ACI Sky, Amrock And The 1004p

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears from there website ACI will be offering a free year for ACI users to try there ACI Sky software but you have to sign up by 09/01/2018.

Bummed I missed this. I would have liked to have tried it. I was an ACI user for years, but left for NCVForms and then went on to Total. I'm not happy with Total now so I'm looking around. I actually did beta testing for ACISky a couple years ago too. Even though I wasn't a current ACI client they let me do some beta testing. Probably out of curiosity of how it worked with Linux. Which it did just fine. I thought it felt a lot like ACI, but since it wasn't a stand alone system, I really didn't have any interest in switching back to ACI at that time. I am looking for something that allows me to get rid of Windows. I'd be curious if ACISky is now a stand alone system.
 

Pretty sure the job requires saying and doing "things". :leeann2:

Anyway, who wants these services from a "good" looking 59 yo spud?
I'm afraid to hear an answer. :eek:

Or did you mean I am part of the gig economy? OK, yes I am, it seems. :peace:
 
Appraisal software is always gonna suck. For appraisers. The number of appraiser users for this software is too small to attract a lot of attention. The current peddlers of software are busy meeting the wants of AMC's, lenders and big data. My software vendor, SFREP/WCA, has stopped updates and fixes of their current programs in anticipation of a re-write (10 years and counting) but can whip up an AMC/Lender specific form in a flash. Since they call the shots, It would be more equitable if we got the software free and the guys calling the shots paid for it.
 
Has anyone been using Sky full force? (Beg. - end)
I'm dabbling in Sky ATM, but not sure its worth converting in the early stages of Sky. My mentor uses ACI desk and I am weary of embarking on an app that still has hiccups.
 
I understand the 1004P was a pilot program that did not fare well. According to the person I spoke with,they were using notaries to complete the inspections and data collection and the "data collection" was significantly less than they expected.
Based on today's climate, I would suspect it will be tweaked and brought back, but I doubt it will be exclusive to one vendor, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top