• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Al a Mode let down

Cob

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Maybe it's just me, I use a laptop that's not that old, but lately, maybe since Jan., Al a Mode software has become TOTAL GARBAGE, it is VERY glitchy and I am "An unexpected Error has occured" message when trying to do things, I have lost SO much time and $$$$ because of this CRAP software, I called today and I was #29 in line on hold, so it may not just be me having problems, but according to them, it's pretty much NEVER on their end.

The ONE thing that Al a Mode is GREAT with, is placing the blame on anyone or anything but them.
 

Attachments

  • 20260803_110856.jpg
    20260803_110856.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 21
It is frustrating, but I’ve found so far that every time it says that (“error occurred”), merging data or whatever else I try and do still works, or have only lost a little times worth of work.

They certainly are going to have a tough time keeping whatever remaining appraisers that use them if this persists :/
 
I haven't used them for many years but I always had problems with stability. I usually couldn't go an entire day without the system locking up.
 
My experience with them is the opposite. I hardly ever had a problem with their software in all these years. But I use a desktop, and perhaps it is more stable there.
 
Last edited:
It's your computer.

Your computer might not be old, but you probably bought a cheap one with low specs. I have an older motherboard and processor but I still don't have any problems with Total other than it being noticeably slow.
 
Maybe it's just me, I use a laptop that's not that old, but lately, maybe since Jan., Al a Mode software has become TOTAL GARBAGE, it is VERY glitchy and I am "An unexpected Error has occured" message when trying to do things, I have lost SO much time and $$$$ because of this CRAP software, I called today and I was #29 in line on hold, so it may not just be me having problems, but according to them, it's pretty much NEVER on their end.

The ONE thing that Al a Mode is GREAT with, is placing the blame on anyone or anything but them.
Can you elaborate on what "not that old" means? I know some who think of a 5 year old computer as relatively new, and I know others who think a 2 year old computer is dated. How old is the laptop in question? And, as Joe noted, the specs matter too.
 
It's your computer.

Your computer might not be old, but you probably bought a cheap one with low specs. I have an older motherboard and processor but I still don't have any problems with Total other than it being noticeably slow.
Older computers can have older software
 
Been getting alamode updates pretty frequently lately. Assume it has something to do with 3.6 so that could be part of it. Total Connect was slow for me until I got an update the other day and now it's fine.
 
I haven't had any problems, and I use Total on a virtual machine using an Apple laptop. It is the only program that I run on Windows. One of the reasons I did that is Windows was always glitchy for me. So when I only had one program on my windows side I never had issues. All my other programs I use are Apple IOS. That may not true now with Windows 11, but I'm not going to change and find out. I like Apple IOS too much.
 
It's your computer.

Your computer might not be old, but you probably bought a cheap one with low specs. I have an older motherboard and processor but I still don't have any problems with Total other than it being noticeably slow.

You have NO IDEA what I use...........
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top